Magic haters that can detect magic

quozaxx

Dunno if it applies, but the guy from Doc Strange that ends up hating magic though he was a magic user himself?

random rambling: I had a wizard character that ended up hating magic so much thanks to the GM that his mind broke and the way he renounced magic forever was by cutting off his own tongue thus cancelling anyway of ever being able to do magic again (all his magic was incantation-based). He still had an ability to sense and recognize magic.

11 hours ago, quozaxx said:

Besides Witchhunter and Harpy are there any other established villains that hate magic, yet can detect magic?

I'm guessing you mean, "established Champions villains." ;) Please note if you want villains from other sources.

Harpy doesn't hate magic, nor can she detect magic. Evil Eye probably does hate magic given what her enchanted glass eye makes her do, but as written she can't detect its presence.

Dr. Destroyer hates magic ("despises" might be more accurate). Although he's never been described as building a device to detect it, if anyone could it would be him.

The Living Sphinx hunts beings with strong magical powers, because their souls "taste" better when he kills them. His character sheet includes the ability to "smell" extradimensional/divine beings.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll give it some more thought. But Witchhunter was created to fill a specific niche, and I don't remember any other Champions villain occupying it.