How to Create an EGO Based Transform in Hero 6.0.

Gauntlet

I am looking to create a power where the villain is able to make his targets permanently insane. I can't use Mind Control as it does not last very long so I am using Transform instead. The problem is that normally with Transform you have to roll double the targets BODY. This does not make sense for a power that is to make the target insane, it should require doubling the targets EGO. Is there an advantage for this. I can see one that will change it to use EGO Defense rather than POWER Defense but that doesn't quite work. I want it to be harder to transform targets with High EGO, not High BODY.

There are some guidelines for this in The Ultimate Mentalist. The gist is basically you buy it affecting DMCV and then Affects Ego not Body. The latter is usually a +0, but might be an advantage if the average EGO is lower than the average body or vice versa. Remember that without some refresh method the target can eventually become sane again and the normal Transform rules otherwise still apply.

- E

As above, but note: if you want the effect to be long lasting, you should define a way to heal it beyond time. Forcently there are ways to define the healing (going to a psychologist and enduring long sessions of psychotherapy, have another mental transformation used upon the victim designed to restore sanity, etc).

I would buy it as:

AVLD (Mental Defense),

Based on EGO,

Invisible Power Effect,

Damage Over Time.

1 minute ago, steriaca said:

As above, but note: if you want the effect to be long lasting, you should define a way to heal it beyond time. Forcently there are ways to define the healing (going to a psychologist and enduring long sessions of psychotherapy, have another mental transformation used upon the victim designed to restore sanity, etc).

I would buy it as:

AVLD (Mental Defense),

Based on EGO,

Invisible Power Effect,

Damage Over Time.

Already have that. I set to to require a remove curse spell which is part of my campaign.