Least Points Spent On Powers

Foxiekins

2 hours ago, pinecone said:

3 points...me and my buddies used to compete for the most useless "playable" char. I won out over the prev. champ Radio hearing man...lol Standard Super

We're tied...  I have a character made super with 3 points of Longevity...  He was born in 1900, so he has more than 100 years of experience...

Lucky Strike started off as a Golden Age (WWII) character back in an edition when Luck was a Talent rather than a power. His only actual powers at the start of his career was Longevity (which at the time you had to cludge together as Immorality with limitations) and 1 BODY of Regeneration with a lot of limitations like Extra Time and an Activation Roll. Maybe 5-6 character points total? He was a martial artist, insanely lucky, the guy who knew how to hotwire and operate the WWII vehicles/equipment, and had access to gear like you'd expect from a combination spy/special ops guy of the era.

====

Little Leg Boy showed up for a Legion of Superheroes tryout. You see, one of his legs was permanently shrunken microscopically small due to his mixed Imskian heritage (his leg was the only part of his body which could shrink) and he could only grow it for a couple of seconds at a time, which he used as a surprise Hand-to-Hand attack. He was crippled and got around on crutches...which was okay because he was a master of the mystical martial art of Crutch-Fu. He'd sold back some of his Running due to his disability then bought it back with his OAF Crutches so I don't know if you'd want to count those points in or not.

He was basically a "Karate Kid knockoff with a weapon" designed to make everyone look at him and go, "What the hell is he doing here?" and the Legionnaires try to figure out how to delicately handle a fairly competent but highly handicapped person trying out for the team. (Flight rings don't always function. If we turn him down because he's handicapped, how is the United Planets government and the public going to react to that? If we turn him down because we say he's not qualified, will the government and the public think we really turned him down because of his handicap? If we let him on the team and he gets killed or seriously injured, what's the government and public going to think...even if they were the ones who pressured us to put him on the team?)

18 hours ago, Foxiekins said:

I'm curious...  What is the LEAST amount of points you've ever spent on Super Abilities, to create a Superhero Character...?  This includes any Characteristics bought past the top of the Legendary range, and any Powers not defined as Equipment...

You know, you could build a frightfully competent billionaire martial artist who has a worldwide network of bases and operatives without going above the Legendary range of Characteristics. :) 

22 hours ago, Foxiekins said:

I'm curious...  What is the LEAST amount of points you've ever spent on Super Abilities, to create a Superhero Character...?  This includes any Characteristics bought past the top of the Legendary range, and any Powers not defined as Equipment...

-22, but it was owing to seriously screwed up understanding of "Linked" on the part of the GM at the time.  I built the characters _solely_ to demonstrate that "this can't possibly be the way they intended it to work!"

Short version:  a set of bricky powers and Flight, all Linked all back and forth to each other in some seriously heinous ways.  Out of the 100 "gimme" points (2e), I spent seventy eight and was _done_.  I then took the character and mopped the floor with the rest of the party in short order, just to demonstrate "this can't be right!"

So _technically_, negative 22.  However, even at the time, I was well-aware the this build was not remotely in line with the rules.

On 8/27/2019 at 4:23 PM, assault said:

Any number of gadgeteers fit in this range.

Since I've built lots of them, the answer to the original question is: zero.

Yep, though you need a power to enter...maybe "Rattle snake Jack" with LS: Immunity to snake venom (or just Rattle snake?)

1 hour ago, pinecone said:

Yep, though you need a power to enter...maybe "Rattle snake Jack" with LS: Immunity to snake venom (or just Rattle snake?)

That requirement is not in the original post.

It also eliminates Batman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern and Iron Man.

There is a "single power" thread elsewhere, where this requirement would apply, but the implication there is that most such characters don't have superheroic grade characteristics or equipment