Math issue with Barrier

sentry0

I found what I think is a little math bug in Barrier.  It has to do with a Barrier with Flash Defense built in.  6 Points of Flash Defense costs 15 points according to the UI... the math adds up at that point:

spacer.png

Going to 7 points of Flash Defense cost +3 points according to the UI which brings the total cost of the adder to 18 points.  The Total cost of the power only goes up by 2 points though:

spacer.png

Minor inconsistency, but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

I think it's just the HERO rounding rules coming into play. Increase the Thickness to "+2 1/2".  Notice the APs and Real Cost are now 67 when you increase the Flash Defense to 7.

Turning it around:  When Flash Defense is 6, increasing the Thickness from "+2 1/4" to "+2 1/2" does not cost any more APs.  Again...rounding.

OK, I just read the barrier cost rules and it looks like all defenses are totalled when calculating the cost of the defense of the barrier.  I'm pretty sure I was doing the calculations on a per defense basis which would be wrong in this case :)

I'll have to revisit my calculations for Barrier on Resistant Protection and make sure I'm totalling first.