Explorers Of The Fantastic

Darren Watts

Hey all! Just wanted to let Herodom Assembled that I'm doing a new Kickstarter! It starts October 29th, and here's the basic pitch:

Explorers Of The Fantastic is a setting book for the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, describing an alternate "atomic horror" Cold War of the 1950s and 1960s, where the third bomb the Allies dropped on Japan awoke giant monsters across the world. The Explorers are an organization of  "action scientists" wearing matching color-coded jumpsuits and using astonishing technology to capture, contain or kill the kaiju before the Communists can get their hands on them. The amazing advances in science we've made from studying the creatures have given us technological breakthroughs, from ray guns to flying subs and soon interstellar travel! As long as we can survive the monsters, alien invaders and mad scientists, of course! Are you ready for the Fantastic?!? By Jess Nevins, Darren Watts and Jonathan Thompson, from Battlefield Press.

This sounds great!  I love the Challengers of the Unknown and Section Zero,  T.H.U.N.D.E.R  Agents and the original Suicide Squad.   The basic cornerstone of the Silver Age!  From Doc Savage to Buckaroo Banzai and Tom Strong.

With the strong connections between this genre and comics you may want to strongly consider conversion charts for established systems like Champions and others.

Is there a fee required for those from the companies mentioned?

• 3 weeks later...

This is the kind of gonzo stuff that I love. I would, however, prefer a HERO version. Perhaps that can happen one day. Original Suicide Squad is one of my favorites, especially the Silver Age adventures. The art from those early Suicide Squad comics is the pinnacle of mid-century American art. It's similar in style with Pink Panther, The Jetsons, etc. Love it. Maybe you can get artists to illustrate in that style for Explorers of the Fantastic.

I enjoyed the interview with Ken & Robin.

• 2 weeks later...