The game is starting soon.

Mark Rand

9 hours ago, steriaca said:

(Waiting for Mark to make Lotus acknowledge Lady Heart and give her an 'order' to help the injured or such.)

(I was asleep when this was posted.)

When Lady Heart arrives at the building she sees the glass in the front doors shattered and the metal frames bent.  The car, a crossover SUV, is inside, up against a pillar, its front end crushed and body bent.  Lotus, who is helping firefighters get people out, sees Lady Heart and asks, "Can you give us an assist, Lady Heart?"

31 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

(I was asleep when this was posted.)

When Lady Heart arrives at the building she sees the glass in the front doors shattered and the metal frames bent.  The car, a crossover SUV, is inside, up against a pillar, its front end crushed and body bent.  Lotus, who is helping firefighters get people out, sees Lady Heart and asks, "Can you give us an assist, Lady Heart?"

"Yes. What is needed? Healing or air lift? I can do both."

48 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Yes. What is needed? Healing or air lift? I can do both."

"So far, just removing them," a paramedic says.  "It looks like only first aid is needed.  We can provide that while the Life Flight crew deals with a two car crash on Forbes behind where their copter, and yours are."

"There are dormitories, with a garage under them, beyond the student union," Lotus says.  "According to the paramedics, a van coming out of the garage smashed into a semi carrying canned soft drinks.  Due to the curve in Forbes, you probably didn't see it."

8 hours ago, Beast said:

"Works for me"

"Joanna you want to follow me as I can take a hit or 3?"
stealth 13-

"Okay," Joanna replies.

Bigelow Boulevard, on the side where the police and news helicopters are, rises 15-feet in one block, putting the Fifth Avenue side of the student union, and the nearby dorms one floor above the Forbes Avenue side.

The ladies round a slight bend in Forbes and spot a jackknifed semi on its side and a van against the bottom, with San Angelo Fire Department personal and the red flight suited medical crew working on it.  "A multi-vehicle accident," Joanna says.  "Looks like the van broadsided the semi."

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"So far, just removing them," a paramedic says.  "It looks like only first aid is needed.  We can provide that while the Life Flight crew deals with a two car crash on Forbes behind where their copter, and yours are."

"There are dormitories, with a garage under them, beyond the student union," Lotus says.  "According to the paramedics, a van coming out of the garage smashed into a semi carrying canned soft drinks.  Due to the curve in Forbes, you probably didn't see it."

"Right. Who wants to go via air Lady Heart first?" She inspects the group she is assigned to fly out of. "I can probably do two or three at once, as long as nobody is shooting lasers and stuff at me and I don't have to get people down fast. My, I guess this is the first time most of you seen a for real anime style magical girl before. Don't worry, I didn't make a contract with a demon cat."

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

"Right. Who wants to go via air Lady Heart first?" She inspects the group she is assigned to fly out of. "I can probably do two or three at once, as long as nobody is shooting lasers and stuff at me and I don't have to get people down fast. My, I guess this is the first time most of you seen a for real anime style magical girl before. Don't worry, I didn't make a contract with a demon cat."

Two want to leave with her and a female paramedic suggests using the doors at the far end of the floor.  "It's out of the firing line," she says.

6 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"Okay," Joanna replies.

Bigelow Boulevard, on the side where the police and news helicopters are, rises 15-feet in one block, putting the Fifth Avenue side of the student union, and the nearby dorms one floor above the Forbes Avenue side.

The ladies round a slight bend in Forbes and spot a jackknifed semi on its side and a van against the bottom, with San Angelo Fire Department personal and the red flight suited medical crew working on it.  "A multi-vehicle accident," Joanna says.  "Looks like the van broadsided the semi."

"so did Amok throw the van ?"

"I'll head down and see if I can help if strength is needed"

44 minutes ago, Beast said:

"so did Amok throw the van ?"

"I'll head down and see if I can help if strength is needed"

"I doubt if he threw the van.  It looks like it came out of the garage too fast," Joanna replies.  "Your strength will help in getting the vehicles separated and on their wheels as well as clearing the way for medical personal while I act as an extra EMT."

5 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"I doubt if he threw the van.  It looks like it came out of the garage too fast," Joanna replies.  "Your strength will help in getting the vehicles separated and on their wheels as well as clearing the way for medical personal while I act as an extra EMT."

"works for me ,let's go"

45 str

3d6+1 hka claws if needing to cut metal

“The fire department’s here, too,” a flight nurse says as Ghost Cat and Joanna arrive.  “They have hydraulic rescue tools, including cutters, spreaders, and rams.  The cutters are often called ‘The jaws of Life’.”

“Good to know,” Joanna says.  “Ghost Cat here is very strong and has sharp claws.”

“I’ll let the firefighters know,” the nurse says before walking over to them.

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

(Assuming this is heard over communicators)

"Do we know if anything else is happening underground that caused the van to rocket out of the garage? Or is it just College students rushing about?" Avis ponders aloud, "Has anyone used Amok for a distraction before?"

4 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"We need to have a look inside the garage to see if anything happened there," Joanna says.  "The van's driver should have a blood alcohol test and drug screenings done.  I'll suggest it to the nurses and paramedics."

Nodding to Joanna, "I'll quickly scout out the garage and report back what I find, Arachne want to scout with me?"

He shrinks down to hummingbird size and flies off in the direction of the garage.

+5 Per with all Sense Groups

+16 vs Range mods for sight (Eagle eyes)

Spatial Awareness

4 hours ago, Amorkca said:

Nodding to Joanna, "I'll quickly scout out the garage and report back what I find, Arachne want to scout with me?"

He shrinks down to hummingbird size and flies off in the direction of the garage.

+5 Per with all Sense Groups

+16 vs Range mods for sight (Eagle eyes)

Spatial Awareness

"Sure." 

There's a uniformed police officer standing there, looking at the tire marks coming out of the garage.  He looks up as Arachne walks over and says, "Declaration marks.  Van's driver must've applied the brakes here when he saw the semi.  Probably couldn't stop in time."

"Yeah.  What about inside?" Arachne asks.

"Loading dock's closest to here, then the main garage and a Central Printing office," the officer says.  "Looks like he came out of the main garage.  You going to have a look?"

"Yeah," Arachne replies.

"Fine by me."

Arachne and Avis enter the garage and find police officers examining where the van was.  "He left here in a hurry," one officer says.  "The van's driver backed it up fast, did a high-speed turn, and headed out."

"I see the skid marks," Arachne said.  "Guess he hoped to slow down once he hit the street.  Instead. he hit a semi."

6 hours ago, Amorkca said:

"Is it just me or does something seem off with this?" Why would you high speed turn inside the garage?  (Is there a door that must open before you can get out?)"  Avis flies around the parkade looking intently.

There are no doors that have to be opened.

"The driver might be either drunk or an idiot," Arachne says.  "Or both."

Outside, to prevent further injury to the driver, the van has been left where it is Ghost Cat and the firefighters have the the driver's side door open.  Joanna, who has swapped her pilot's gloves for disposable ones, looks in and says, "We'll probably need a cervical collar and either a spinal board or a Kendrick Extrication Device."

"Agreed," says the firefighter beside her.  "This guy's at a strange angle.  It looks like his legs are broken, too."

"Yeah," Joanna says.  "Aim your flashlight down there.  I thought I saw open beer cans."

He does and says, "Malt liquor cans.  That's beer with a high alcohol content, generally above 5 or 6%.  That's probably cause for a blood alcohol test."

"Yeah," Joanna says.

Lady Heart has landed and her passengers are okay. 

The patient Joanna and Ghost Cat were helping with is underage, but has ID showing he's over 21.  So, he'll probably loose his license.  His van carried boxes carrying reams of paper along with a hand truck and a manifest.  

At the small park, Amok tosses Defender away.  However, he uses his jets to regain control.  Amok then throws Azteca toward them, but  Lotus catches her team mate.  An unoccupied sports car is next to feel Amok's rage.

Despite police efforts, an angry man rushes toward Amok, waving his fist.  He gets stuffed, head first, into a trash can.  Despite the fact that's bolted to the pavement. Amok picks up the trash can and tosses it into the area between the library and the building Lotus and Lady Heart in.  It lands in a decorative fountain.

"I'll help him," Lotus says.