Fantasy HERO Conversion Fun

ScottishFox

My group had so much fun plowing through Fantasy HERO converted War for the Crown (Pathfinder) that I've talked them into something that I've wanted to do for a long time.

Pillars of Eternity 1 as a Fantasy HERO campaign.

There's so much good Wikipedia information available for the game (spell lists, maps, lore, etc.) that I will be converting the game setting & mechanics to Fantasy HERO.

None of my players have gone through the PC game so there is a TON of great storytelling to be had.

Updates to follow.

15 minutes ago, sentry0 said:

Any chance you you would consider doing a module style write up, complete with pre-gens?

I know it would be a lot of work but I ask because playable modules seem to be an identified gap for the HERO System. 

That's an interesting idea, but I'm sure I'd have to contact Obsidian Entertainment to even start to get that ball rolling if it's going to be a sold product.

I might just for sh*ts and giggles, but I'm leaning towards a home brew effort.

1 hour ago, ScottishFox said:

That's an interesting idea, but I'm sure I'd have to contact Obsidian Entertainment to even start to get that ball rolling if it's going to be a sold product.

I might just for sh*ts and giggles, but I'm leaning towards a home brew effort.

There are plenty of fan made conversions and adaptations in the download section.  Perhaps you could offer it up as such?

6 hours ago, ScottishFox said:

I wonder how that works.  Wikipedia has a TON of their media all over the map and spell list pages.

It's probably looked at as free advertising for the company I would suspect.  I'm sure if they were to send a take down notice Wikipedia would comply, not sure how many companies would be interested in doing that though.