Chaos Blade Magic

Tywyll

Yeah, what Chris said.

Essentially characters are 'Chaos Blades' who weild extrememly powerful magic (actual points are /5 or /10 if I remember correctly). Like Highlanders they can sense when each other is about and if they kill each other, they gain 3d6 character points (fade every 50 years I think?). So essentially you are staggeringly powerful magicians who can kill others of your kind (good luck!) to get a decent power boost. 

The few spells shown in the write up doesn't show any defensive examples, so on the surface they look very glass canon-y. But that would be easily fixed. It strikes me as potentially having the same concerns that an Atlantean Age campaign would (the character with initiative wins the fight). 

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2019 at 4:31 AM, Steve Long said:

If I ever get the chance, I definitely want to expand a bit on Chaos Blades -- how the setting and its magic works and whatnot. Not a full book or anything like that, more like an article. Or a chapter in a larger book. ;)

Dude, you could knock out a PDF with greater details on Chaos Blades and/or some of the other magic systems and I would throw money at the screen!

• 5 months later...

An expansion for each of the magic systems detailed in FANTASY HERO would be appreciated. I do really like the Chaos Blades system for its uniqueness.

That, and Vansarjak, practiced in a land called Dyngereth. (And I still can't figure out if that's meant to be a reference to something 😁)

Operating on the assumption that you actually don't know (which your grinning emoji makes me suspect you really do), I'm pretty certain "Vansarjak" is a reference to famous sci-fi and fantasy author Jack Vance, from whose "Dying Earth" novels' magic D&D drew inspiration for its own spell-memorization system; which Vansarjak is designed to emulate. In which case "Dyngereth" is almost certainly a semi-anagram for "Dying Earth."