Removing END

Tywyll

BLUF: It likely won't affect your game at the Heroic level of play. I would just do the math for whatever character you're looking at, and if it looks like they will never have END issues, then just ignore it.

From what I've seen, END usage by non-casters is really low. The amount of REC most will have, combined with END levels will make it of negligible importance. You're looking at most spending maybe 4 or 5 END a phase on the high end. That means with SPD in the range of 3, 15 END spent a Turn, then they get that recovery. Even if you don't put anything into your REC, that means you have an END deficit of 11 END per Turn. Which gives you most of a whole second Turn before you have to worry about END (assuming starting END of 20). Depending how deadly you are playing, hit locations, healing capabilities, etc, then most combats won't last more than 2 or 3 Turns.

Even your casters, unless they're cranking out a ton of powerful spells, will likely not even have an issue. I observed this over the course of the 5 Magics campaign I'm finishing up. Even for the front-line Evocation combat mage, he never ran into an issue where END was a problem. Almost everyone pushed their REC to 8, END to at least 30, and left their SPD at 2. The only time END came up was when someone was maintaining a couple spells and trying to cast Phase after Phase. And then combat was over very quickly (due to the deadliness dials, they only got in fights if they could control the battle.) I suppose a few bad attack rolls could have made it more of an issue. Technically, they paid for the ability to ignore their END expenditures with CP. Someone else could have chosen to gimp themselves in that area to pick up a few more spells, skills, or to emulate their character concept better.

What I've done in my current game is still have players buy END but it is only used for tracking Long Term Endurance, we don't use END in normal combat situations or anything, but is good for long hikes, running from enemies, staying awake a long time, etc... 

Magic Users buy/use a "END Reserve" in this system that powers their spells and can only be recovered over time based on their trope,  for example Wizards need to rest and study a certain amount of time, Clerics need to pray a certain amount of time, Druids need to meditate in nature a certain amount of time to recover some or all of their END Reserve for their spells.