X1 Body, X3 Stun

Tywyll

It depends entirely on the feel that you want.  To me, it seems like it might take away some of the flavor of the game.  I've never known using hit locations to add very much in the way of handling time, and as a GM I can say "He hits you in location 11 for 7 BODY," and let the player work out how much damage they take from it based on their defenses, armor, etc.  

Some GMs use flat values but allow players to used called hit locations.  Be aware though that you're not letting in a character who has bought +8 CSLs vs. Hit Locations, and always calls head shots.  

On 10/16/2019 at 5:53 PM, Chris Goodwin said:

It depends entirely on the feel that you want.  To me, it seems like it might take away some of the flavor of the game.  I've never known using hit locations to add very much in the way of handling time, and as a GM I can say "He hits you in location 11 for 7 BODY," and let the player work out how much damage they take from it based on their defenses, armor, etc.  

Some GMs use flat values but allow players to used called hit locations.  Be aware though that you're not letting in a character who has bought +8 CSLs vs. Hit Locations, and always calls head shots.  

All but one of the players is completely new to the system, so even asking them to do the math with the hit location chart, while they are trying to take in everything else, feels like it won't go over well (I know it's not difficult, but they are already super intimidated by the character sheets). 

Since I've converted their characters from another system, I have no fear of a +8 vs head build. It's also something I probably wouldn't allow in a game anyway.