Diversion: Cast a Champions Movie!

Pariah

8 hours ago, Tjack said:

For Foxbat you need someone with both heroic looks and eyes that if you look too deep you can see the faulty wiring sparking in there.  For that there’s no one better than.....Bruce Campbell!!!

Back in the late 90s or early 00s, in a post-apocalyptic campaign, my character found Foxbat's cybernetic armor. It was programmed with an A.I. of Foxbat's personality, who was "played by" Bruce Campbell!

On 10/24/2019 at 9:59 PM, Tjack said:

Benjamin Bratt as Jaguar and Obsidian would be CGI voiced by Benedict Cumberbach.

I don't have a suggestion for Jaguar, but I'd go with CGI for Obsidian, voiced by either Andre Braugher or Keith David.

1 minute ago, Pariah said:

I don't have a suggestion for Jaguar, but I'd go with CGI for Obsidian, voiced by either Andre Braugher or Keith David.

The voice to go with that silk top hat and cravat has to be either upper class British or someone like Vin Dissel doing a horrible, Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins level bad version of upper class British.

5 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Okay, I can see that.

How about BRIAN BLESSED? 

Absolute perfection!!    In fact I think he may actually be an alien ambassador who landed in England. That’s why he keeps climbing Mt. Everest.  He’s trying to flag down the Mothership.   
           GORDON’S  ALIVE!?!?!?

• 4 weeks later...

I always had two possibilities for Mechanon's voice in my mind--

1. The same voice as was used for Soaron in Captain Power And The Soldiers Of The Future.  Deryck Hazel was the actor who provided that voice.  It's the perfect voice for saying things like "Pitiful Organics!"

2. The voice of the Cylon Centurions from Battlestar: Galactica. One of the few things I liked about the original series.

3 hours ago, DShomshak said:

Many years ago, I came up with a cast list for the Devil's Advocates (as the team existed at the time). I'll try to dig it up.

Drat. I can't find it anywhere. All I remember was Johathan Pryce as Demonologist, based on his performance as Mr. Dark in Something Wicked This Way Comes. He played a good bad guy in Tomorrow Never Dies, too,

If not him, then Alan Rickman, projecting the same smooth, smarter-than-you menace he brought to Die Hard. But those choices were from at least 25 years ago, and I know that Alan Rickman is dead.

Dean Shomshak

On 11/21/2019 at 2:41 PM, wcw43921 said:

I always had two possibilities for Mechanon's voice in my mind--

I always thought that true terror would come from a completely incongruous choice for a killer mechanical intelligence's voice.  Just imagine this being that of

Kathleen Turner

or

Shirley Temple (when she was a child star)