I could use some V&V collectors....

Duke Bushido

I know that this used to happen a lot more way back when: "competing" brands of RPGs in the same genre multi-stating the NPCs or key breakable things across several different systems (even before we thought of them as systems) and chief amongst these valiant heroes were Superworld, Flying Buffalo and FGU. 

Now I own the V&V source book DNAgents; I bought it because an issue of Different Worlds (which I also own) featured DNAgents write ups for Champions.  I figured "well maybe I can get something out of this source book, since I have Champions write-ups I can plug into it," and when it popped up on in my FLGS (you know: back when I _had_ one!) I didn't let it slip away. 

Low and behold, it, too, had Champions write-ups in it. 

As I sit here working on my spreadsheet of HERO and HERO-compatible products (no; I don't care if Autoduel Champions _is_ a sort of tenuous rope-and-rotten-boards bridge to it, I am not listing Car Wars products here) in preparation for what I hope is a flood of new stuff, I got to wondering if any other V&V products, like the old Superworld stuff, had Champions write-ups in them.  If so, I'd like to know which ones so I can add them to my spreadsheet. 

Any and all help would be appreciated. 

For the record, I started this some months--years, maybe, at this point? -- back in response to someone's lamenting the "lack of HERO stuff" out there.  I saw someone else recommend them to a list on Wikipedia (and jumped there myself, in a hurry to see if my own list is missing anything).

It's hard to keep up with all the PDF-only stuff, so my 5 and 6e listings are sporadic at best, but still: I'd like to be as accurate and inclusive as possible. 

Again, any and all help is appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Duke 

None of the V&V adventures I purchased had Champions stats for the characters--but more than a few of them had notes for converting V&V characters to Champions, along with notes for converting V&V characters to Superworld.  One example off the top of my head is that V&V's Mind Control converts to 8D6 Mind Control in Champions.

Hope that helps.

10 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

conversion_page1.jpg

conversion_page2.jpg

10 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Here's Star-Devourer reportedly from Different Worlds #35, which has Champions stats included:

https://paratime.ca/v_and_v/stardevourer.html

I got there from this site, which looks to have some cool V&V stuff:

https://paratime.ca/v_and_v/houserules.html

Thanks, Bolo, but I have the conversion already.  I haven't catalogued it because I can't find the source.  (And, given the authorship, I have always considered it to be the most "cannon" of conversions ;)  )

I have Different Worlds 35 on my list, but thanks for the reminder, as I hadn't catalogued it yet.  

Which reminds me I haven't catalogued that goofy issue of Dragon that featured "New powers for Champions!"

Nor can I find my notes on "Perklets."  If these were ever actually published beyond someone's blog, I'd like to add that the the catalogue as well.

Pretty much all I'm trying to catalogue is things that were HERO compatible sort of "out of the box," if you will: they at least had HERO stats or solid conversion notes included with the original publication. And of course, that's because anything _can_ be converted, if you have the time and desire.  :lol:

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

I have a lot of the V and V adventures and their versions of the Champions Enemies books. They do not have Champions conversions.

Even the new ones that have come out do not have it

I bought them to convert the characters myself.

Thanks, Tribble.  So I guess it was just the DNAgents sourcebook, then.  Likely because it wasn't a V&V property, if I had to guess.

46 minutes ago, Chris Goodwin said:

In V&V I usually rolled something like Animal Powers (crustacean) with Flame Blast and Psionic Power. I know for sure I rolled crustacean powers more than once.

:lol:   :lol:

"This _means_ something....."   ;)

4 hours ago, Chris Goodwin said:

In V&V I usually rolled something like Animal Powers (crustacean) with Flame Blast and Psionic Power. I know for sure I rolled crustacean powers more than once.

I rolled "batrachian" once, which got Regeneration and, I think, two hits of Heightened Endurance.  Then he got Heightened Endurance again.  His immense END resulted in several thousand hp, and Regeneration that healed a few hundred at a time.  Never really played V&V, but his 1d6 punch would likely have had enough time to KO most opponents before they wore out his outrageous hp totals...

I found that using the conversion wasn't that great.  Instead, I rolled up the character as normal for V&V and used the following conversion (mostly for 4/5 ed)

Gave it a

• Strength = based on Carry Capacity as dead lift in kg.  So a carry capacity of 1000# would turn into 1000kg or about a 25-30 Str.  
  • Dex = Agl
  • Con = Con + 10% of Power
  • Int = Int
  • Ego = Cha +3 for every magic/psionic power and an extra +3 for will power
  • Pre = Cha +2.5 per level
  • Body = 8+ Hit Points
  • PD = figured x1.5 (x2 if the primary attack was hth)
  • ED = figured x1.5 (x2 if the primary attack was energy based)
  • Rec = figured or ( healingx7 rounded )  ( i think, its been a while)
  • SPD = figured rounded up + (any init bonus/15) + 1/10 levels round up ( i think, its been a while)
  • End = figured or power, whichever was higher.
  • Stun = figured or (10% of power plus hit points), whichever was higher  ( i think, its been a while)

Movement was the average number of actions divide by total movement in inches or simulated mph for flight.  This is just number crunching since 5' was close enough to 1"(2m).

As far as powers, I would assign powers based on the game DC level which eliminated one of the early problems of V&V which was game balance.  Really, power blast and disintegration ray were much more effective at 1d20 than flame blast at 1d12.  So, all those effects were about 12DC for my 12dc game.