Sounders take the Cup 3-0

Spence

29 minutes ago, aylwin13 said:

The result was actually 3-1 Seattle. Jozy Altidore scored with a header in the third minute of extra time. I really wanted a clean sheet; but yes, life is great.  :)

I know, it was kinda a joke with friends here at the game. 

No goals for Jozy :tsk:

Though it was a good goal, andI will deny ever saying so :angel:

54 minutes ago, aylwin13 said:

I really wanted the shutout after how flat the Sounders looked for much of the first half. But a win is still a win.

You're not the only one.  That first half had us a bit worried and thinking the curse had returned.

I took the game in at my father-in-law's, got home half an hour ago.

I did convince everyone to mute the game at halftime.  The analyst, Twellman?, ... must have thought that it'd kill him to say anything good about Seattle.  Like he'd never seen any of the previous playoff games.  Cretin.

And I couldn't yell like I wanted at Leerdam's goal; my wife was taking a work call at that very minute.

In my book, you are still way ahead of us.  I was in the stadium for last year's shootout loss to the Timbers.  In-person hurts much more, and I got sick to boot (since we didn't get out of the stadium until about quarter to 11, and I had to lecture at 8AM the next morning).

Greg Vanney [Toronto's head coach] is, by definition, a loser. He’s really trying to bight Gustav’s [Svensson, Sounders midfielder] style with his hair, and maybe now that he lost he’ll throw that “lucky scarf” in the trash. The suit’s nice, it fits pretty well, and the touches of red are a nice little detail, but Vanney looks like a start-up CEO who buys weed and Adderall from the college kid who interned as his assistant two years ago and talks about encouraging creativity and freedom of expression at the all-hands meeting before issuing a memo about a new mandatory drug-testing policy for all employees and contract workers. I’m glad he lost.

Sounders fanblog drive-by trashing, in a post about how people were dressed coming to (or at) the game.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:04 PM, Cancer said:

In my book, you are still way ahead of us.  I was in the stadium for last year's shootout loss to the Timbers.  In-person hurts much more, and I got sick to boot (since we didn't get out of the stadium until about quarter to 11, and I had to lecture at 8AM the next morning).

Is the food at Providence Park really that bad?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

WOOT indeed, although I hope he doesn't win against the Timbers.

I agree, a simple win will not be enough.

A crushing victory that shatters the will of the Timbers for decades to come to the wailing tune of the lamentations of the Timbers Army. 

That would be much much better :nya: