Villain Campaign?

Skyriter1

1 hour ago, Surrealone said:

That's sad to hear, as my experience with VtM runs 180 degrees from yours.  I guess it's a matter of ST's.  TBH, I'm super picky about WoD ST's … and have tended to long-running games with a handful of what I consider really good STs for whom imagery and story pertaining to one's dehumanization … trump combat, politics, maneuvering, etc.  Not once have I seen PvP kills.  Keep in mind, I only play tabletop, never LARP.   (LARPs, I hear, tend to be really backstabby and PvP-like.)

Ok, this is way off topic, so I'm done with the tangent.  It was fun while it lasted, thanks Duke, for the left turn!

I think the behavior in the LARPS is more about there mostly only being PCs\factions. I could be *very* wrong about that since I never played Mindseye Theatre\LARP VtM but my impression is since it's mostly PCs it's inherently PvPish in that....there's not really a lot of other folks to conflict with.

I've definitely seen that dynamic in other LARPS I've played that lacked NPCs. Nobody else to fight or conflict with? Well...it's gonna be PvP then most likely.

Just now, TranquiloUno said:

I think the behavior in the LARPS is more about there mostly only being PCs\factions. I could be *very* wrong about that since I never played Mindseye Theatre\LARP VtM but my impression is since it's mostly PCs it's inherently PvPish in that....there's not really a lot of other folks to conflict with.

I've definitely seen that dynamic in other LARPS I've played that lacked NPCs. Nobody else to fight or conflict with? Well...it's gonna be PvP then most likely.

That is a good point. Perhaps I should reconsider my judeginess of the the organisation.

On 11/12/2019 at 6:48 PM, Skyriter1 said:

Hey guys and gals!

As my friends and I learn more about the game, they have shown interest in being the villains as opposed to heroes. With that being said, are there any campaigns out there that have this in mind? I think I came across one about aliens killing all the heroes so the villains have to step up in order to save earth, but cannot find it anymore.

Any and all help is much appreciated, thanks!

I would recommend that you and your friends play a little card game called Illuminati - the game of conspiracy.  This game is specifically designed to let you (actually encourage you) to cheat and back stab other players to win.  A supervillain game would have to turn into a game in which no one trusts anyone else.  I played in a game where the GM let us play evil characters.  It lasted 4 sessions.  One player ended up backstabbing and killing about 1/2 the party before we realized what was going on.  By that point it became every player for themselves.

Allowing people to play evil characters (supervillains are evil) only allows them to exercise the worst parts of themselves (murder, robbery, rape and pillage will follow).

On 11/20/2019 at 5:57 PM, TranquiloUno said:

You're probably right...