Damage negation vs High point powers

LoneWolf

Question

Damage negation basically reduces an attack by 5pts per level bought.  So if you bought 3 levels it would reduce the attack by 15 pts...  What happens when you have an attack with a lot of advantages so that the cost is extremely high?  Let’s say you have a 1 pip RKA with the advantages NND does body.  The attack cost 20 pts which is more than your damage negation.  Is the attack reduced at all?  What about if the attack was 1d6 with the same advantages?  How much would the damage be reduced?

1 answer to this question

As noted on 6E1 183, when you apply Damage Negation to an attack with Advantages, you have to take those Advantages into account, using the rules on 6E2 97. Putting Advantages on an attack changes the effective cost of each Damage Class, but it doesn’t reduce the effectiveness of Damage Negation. Nor do you compare the Active Points in the two powers; that’s not how Damage Negation works. Even a small amount of Damage Negation still has a slight effect on a powerful power. ;)

I hope that helps! If I didn't fully address your problem, feel free to post a follow-up question, or to send me a PM, and we'll get it figured out. :hex: