Scaling a Limitation with an Avantage

Hastur

Question

I've been working on a particular power, which is a bit hard to explain in its entirety, but I have most of it down, the only issue is this: Ideally I would like to make the power variable in such a way that the AOE can be increased or decreased, but the time to use the power also increases as the AOE increases (and vice versa). Is there a way to build the power like this? I would think to use Variable Advantage/Limitation but the hope would be for the Limitation to not always be the same value and for it to decrease in strength with the AOE advantage. I'm relatively new, so I'm not completely familiar with all the options, but I can't seem to find a way to do this.

1 answer to this question

I don’t normally answer “how to” questions here, but I’ll take a quick stab at this one. ;)

First, I’d use the Alterable Size Adder from 6E1 128. Depending on exactly how you want things to work out, you may need to buy it as a naked Adder. Then I would apply the Extra Time Limitation with an explanation about how it functions with the Alterable Size — you and the GM just need to work out an appropriate Limitation value, since this isn’t a form of Extra Time listed in the standard rules. ;)

Does that help? If that doesn’t get at what you want, PM me and we’ll keep trying. If you haven’t already, you might consider posting about this in the Discussion forum —  everyone can respond there, instead of just me, and you’ll probably get a lot of great suggestions.