Star Trek 4

Greywind

15 hours ago, dmjalund said:

There's still Star Trek: Picard to look forward to

Meh...they are desperate to make STD something.  They are using Picard to promote their new universe complete with space orcs and a Star Fleet where armed mutiny is an acceptable method for advancement.  They have already said that the new show will be in their re-imagined 

I get that the current CBS gurus are too deeply invested to admit error.  But I haven't met a single Trek fan in the flesh that does more than spits on it.  On line posters of course laud it as the next coming of the fantastic.  Normally in the flesh real life opinions tend to somewhat reflect the online version.  But in this case it seems to be all faceless posters that love it.  Adding yet another non-Trek show with a Trek name will not make the non-Trek drek any better.   And shoveling more money down the drain in an attempt to convince people that the turd smells like a rose isn't really working.  

Perhaps they should have watched a little Star Trek before trying to fix it. 

I really hope Patrick Stewart and the rest survive the coming bomb.   The small screen is littered with actors that signed on to the wrong show and disappeared from public view.  Flipping off the fan base isn't really good for the future. 

3 hours ago, Spence said:

Meh...they are desperate to make STD something.  They are using Picard to promote their new universe complete with space orcs and a Star Fleet where armed mutiny is an acceptable method for advancement.  They have already said that the new show will be in their re-imagined 

I get that the current CBS gurus are too deeply invested to admit error.  But I haven't met a single Trek fan in the flesh that does more than spits on it.  On line posters of course laud it as the next coming of the fantastic.  Normally in the flesh real life opinions tend to somewhat reflect the online version.  But in this case it seems to be all faceless posters that love it.  Adding yet another non-Trek show with a Trek name will not make the non-Trek drek any better.   And shoveling more money down the drain in an attempt to convince people that the turd smells like a rose isn't really working.  

Perhaps they should have watched a little Star Trek before trying to fix it. 

I really hope Patrick Stewart and the rest survive the coming bomb.   The small screen is littered with actors that signed on to the wrong show and disappeared from public view.  Flipping off the fan base isn't really good for the future. 

Patrick Stewart's career was all downhill after Lifeforce anyway.

1 hour ago, Ternaugh said:

Patrick Stewart's career was all downhill after Lifeforce anyway.

I'm guessing that was sarcasm. ;)

Stewart's place in television, film and stage history is assured. If voicing Poop in The Emoji Movie didn't sink him, nothing will.

I just had to ask myself if I'd be eager to watch an unrelated sci-fi drama featuring Stewart as the lead, and the answer is yes, so it doesn't matter to me much how Trek-like the new premise and tone is. His performance was still a treat to watch in that X-Men: The Last Stand drek that Brett Ratner inflicted upon the viewing public, so I doubt anything the current Trek team comes up with will change that. (I'm also reassured by the series premise being written by Michael Chabon, and Stewart himself having an executive producer credit and having been involved in the development process from early on.)

• 8 months later...