Infinity War Crisis on Earth Line Up Part 1

Cassandra

Ah, I need more information.  What is Thanos bringing to the table in this fight?  An army?  The Infinity Guantlet?  The Obsidian Order?  If it is just Thanos by himself, six heroes shouldn't even be necessary: two heavy hitters from either DC (Superman and anybody) or Marvel (Thor and Silver Surfer) should dog walk his ass.  Also, can we mix and match heroes from both Universes?

1 hour ago, Zephrosyne said:

Ah, I need more information.  What is Thanos bringing to the table in this fight?  An army?  The Infinity Guantlet?  The Obsidian Order?  If it is just Thanos by himself, six heroes shouldn't even be necessary: two heavy hitters from either DC (Superman and anybody) or Marvel (Thor and Silver Surfer) should dog walk his ass.  Also, can we mix and match heroes from both Universes?

That's going to be part 2.

If he's got the Infinity Gauntlet, there's no combination of heroes that can stop him.  By himself, yeah any two big guys should be able to do it.

But if I've got six (and leaving out plot device characters like The Spectre), I'll go with:

Superman and Thor -- They've got the physical power to stand up to Thanos in a fair fight.

Doctor Strange and Mister Fantastic -- Because Thanos doesn't fight fair, and so you may need to counter unexpected traps.

Silver Surfer -- He knows Thanos, and has had to fight against him on his own.

Batman -- Because Thanos will 100% underestimate him, and sometimes you need to pull out the cheese.

4 hours ago, massey said:

If he's got the Infinity Gauntlet, there's no combination of heroes that can stop him.  By himself, yeah any two big guys should be able to do it.

But if I've got six (and leaving out plot device characters like The Spectre), I'll go with:

Superman and Thor -- They've got the physical power to stand up to Thanos in a fair fight.

Doctor Strange and Mister Fantastic -- Because Thanos doesn't fight fair, and so you may need to counter unexpected traps.

Silver Surfer -- He knows Thanos, and has had to fight against him on his own.

Batman -- Because Thanos will 100% underestimate him, and sometimes you need to pull out the cheese.

Massey, you completely read my mind with you list.  The exception was that I was thinking Scarlet Witch instead of Doctor Strange.  While the good Doctor seems consistently more powerful and more versatile than the Witch day in and day out, she's the ultimate wild card when you need a total ass pull to save the day.

My list:

DC:

Doctor Manhattan: He definitely has the power, but his detachment to humanity could be a problem. Still, if you kindle his scientific curiosity...

Superman: If you want some selling power in your mega crossover, you need the big blue boyscout. Nuff said.

Batman: Same reason as Superman.

Captain Marvel...opps...Shazam: You got Superman lite here, but he is powerful AND is powered by 'magic'.

John Consitine: The most powerful spellcaster in the DCU, AND an utter ratbastard. Willing to do anything necessary to get the job done.

Marvel:

Thor: You got power, but also name recognition here.

Spider-Man: Marvel's flagship character. Peter is not going home, even if he is not feeling well Mr. Stark...

Iron Man: Speaking of Mr. Stark...

Deadpool: Wade has a score to settle with Thanos. And having him attached gains cash.

Doctor Strange: What can I say...I see the point for the Scarlet Witch, but you want consistency and not chaos in magic, especially since we got the ratbastard on the other side of things.

7 hours ago, death tribble said:

From Marvel:

Birdbrain from the New Mutants

Cypher from New Mutants

Daredevil

Dazzler

Rick Jones

Jean DeWolff

From DC:

Commissioner Gordon 

The Red Bee

Stone Boy from Legion of Substitute Heroes

Infectious Lass from Legion of Substitute Heroes

Color Kid from Legion of Substitute Heroes

Johnny Thunder (cowboy)

This might be just what is needed.  Thanos would see this level of opposition and laugh himself to death, Infinity Gauntlet or not...universe saved!  I do think Daredevil is a bit too close to A-list for that Marvel roster; how bout switch him out for Nighthawk (former Defender).

Tricky.

Just going with DC:

Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman

Green Lantern (Hal)

Flash (Barry)

Aquaman (Or the Martian Manhunter)

Too many A-listers? OK, a bunch of space themed characters:

Adam Strange

Hawkgirl/woman (a Thanagarian version)

Green Lantern (John)

Martian Manhunter

Starfire

Aquaman (Or Supergirl)

Weird Team:

Ambush Bug

Lobo

Green Lantern (Guy)

Booster Gold

Blue Beetle (Ted)

Aquaman (Or Power Girl)

(Or Flash (Wally), or Huntress, or Captain Marvel (Billy) or...)

16 hours ago, Zephrosyne said:

This might be just what is needed.  Thanos would see this level of opposition and laugh himself to death, Infinity Gauntlet or not...universe saved!  I do think Daredevil is a bit too close to A-list for that Marvel roster; how bout switch him out for Nighthawk (former Defender).

Nighthawk might be too useful. And Daredevil is blind.

I am wondering if I should have included Snapper Carr ?

My choices

Power Girl - Super strength, heat vision, freezing breath, super senses, flight, invulnerability, knowledge of computers.

Firestorm - Flight, Energy Blast, transmutation powers.

Wonder Woman - Super strength, flight, tactical knowledge, unbreakable magic lasso that can control minds.

Scarlet Witch - Powers can cause chaos and opponents powers to malfunction, telekinesis, telepathy, mental illusions, flight.

Rogue - Flight and super strength, ability to render anyone she touches unconscious while gaining their powers and knowledge.

Invisible Woman - Invisibility, flight, force fields.

Worst Case Scenario

The Inferior Five

Jean Grey

The villains laugh while Jean goes Dark Phoenix.

There is a pretty good discussion of the specifics, and the retcon, at https://www.cbr.com/the-abandoned-an-forsaked-will-the-real-thanos-please-stand-up/

But this tends to be an issue for a lot of powerful and popular villains - they appear everywhere (to sell books) and get beaten repeatedly (because the heroes normally win).

• 3 weeks later...

Warning: it's quiet day and I'm bored. So a long answer follows.

I'm assuming that it's Thanos and the Obsidian Order. If he has the Gauntlet then the only thing taking him down is the writer's deus ex machina; with infinite power comes zero dramatic tension.

Marvel

Spiderman. He's well out of his league. But I like Spidey. So he's in.

Namor. Because you don't need to just fight Thanos on a physical level, you also need to meet him arrogant jerk ass to arrogant jerk ass. Think of it as a meet-cute.

Cyclops. In these sort of stories some one has to die. To add poignancy. To give the reader the feeling of "oh shit, this for real!" I volunteer Cyclops for this job.

Sue Storm. Because her force fields are super powerful. Invisibility helps too. Also for the URST with Namor.

Phoenix (Rachel Summers, as written in Excalibur all the way back when.) Power. Guts. Tragic back story. Ginger. She's got it all. Also, someone should give a damn when Cyclops bites it.

Sersei. One of the real Eternals, not those cheap Titan knock-offs.

DC (This is much harder, don't really follow DC.)

Wonder Woman. Tough enough to take Thanos one on one.

Hal Jordan. He's a space cop. Thanos is a space villain. They should meet.

Zatana. Because a thorough beating requires... evening dress.

Jenny Sparks. Because so far there's been a distinct lack of hard drinking and hard swearing.

Batman. Same reason as Cyclops.

Shazam. Hell, why not? He's got the power and his cheerful optimism makes a nice counterpoint to Thanos' grim dark "blah blah blah".

Marvel/DC Crossover

Doom. Because every sentence ends in an exclamation point! (Doom bows before no-one! So come, titan, match your power against the unparalleled intellect of Doom!  You will be found wanting!)

Lex Luthor. As a counter point to Doom's bombast, Luthor can play it pretty cool when he wants to.

Loki. Who's side will he even be on? I don't know.

Hela. Well there's that whole "in love with Death" thing and they've been dating or something. I know it was covered in some way in recent comics. So she's here because of that.

Emma Frost. Has anyone even tried ego blasts on Thanos? Can Frost even do ego blasts?

Darkseid. So both he and Thanos can curl up into little balls of existential dread.

Hard Drinking and Swearing Crossover

Jenny Sparks. She gets to be in two lists.

Elsa Bloodstone. She's got a shot gun.

Jessica Jones. Because detective skills and representing working mums.

Valkyrie (MCU version.) Look, I don't know if it's even possible for fictional movie characters to exist in the same fictional universe as fictional comic book characters. But Tessa Thompson is awesome.

John Constantine. Trench coat? Check. Fag? Check. Can out-scheme demons? Check.

Wolverine. <sigh> I hate myself for even including him. But look, if anyone can permanently kill him it's Thanos right?