Power Source Differentiation

CrosshairCollie

Something I'm working on for an Eberron HERO game; trying to come up with unique combinations of modifiers to differentiate the various sorts of powers/magic/psionics/etc. in the setting.  I'm not overly worried about cleaving to a D&D mechanical feel (I'll be using the standard FH grimoires for spells rather than doing the Vancian stuff).

So far, my thoughts are:

Standard wizardry draws on Mana (a new stat the 4e Fantasy Hero Companion 2 created).  5e used Endurance Reserves for this purpose.  Typically require Gestures, Incantations, Focus, Skill Roll (Magic skill based on INT)

Psionics draws on personal Endurance.  Typically require Concentration and Extra Time.  LOS Mental Powers will get limited range.

Dragonmarks (a unique Eberron thing) use Charges.

This leaves me with divine magic, and sorcery (defined D&D style as 'innate magical power' rather than learned wizardry).  Outside of the skill roll based on EGO, and a limitation about the religious restrictions in using it, I can't think of anything else.  Part of me wants to make it a VPP, the effect becoming more going 'hey, god help me out here' and then *something* happens, but my players are not familiar enough with the system to manage a VPP.

Sorcery, I think, I will make more like free-form 'super-powers' instead of instinctive knowledge of spellcasting.  I don't think any common limitations really work here ... I may use Endurance Reserves here?  In D&D/Pathfinder, sorcerer powers are based on bloodlines, usually a bit of unusual ancestry, or exposure to magical energies altering the character (or character's ancestors ... I don't think the Fire Elemental bloodline occurred in a traditional genetic manner).  Based on this, I think requiring a theme (as opposed to D&D/PF, where they have free rein of the wizard spell list).  ... this really is just an arcane fantasy superhero, isn't it?

I'm quite certain I've put on my overthinking cap here, but anybody else have any thoughts on this sort of thing?

P.S. In 4e and 5e, power frameworks were strongly un-recommended.  I don't have 6e FH (just FH Complete), is this no longer a thing?  FH Complete seems to imply that frameworks are now kosher.