The 2020 Superdraft Thread

Pariah

For March, would anyone be interested in a "Reading Rainbow Superdraft"?

All characters must have first appeared in a book. Graphic novels do not count for the purpose of this draft. 

This is FIRST appearance. Huckleberry Finn has been in many movies, but he was in a book first. Spider-man has been in a few novels, but he was in comics first.

The restriction applies to the character, regardless of franchise. Many "Star Wars" characters are out, but Thrawn was in a book first. 

• 1 month later...

I had a concept for a superheroes draft. I wanted to run it by everyone, see if there was interest.Guar

Max Snipage Superdraft

Day 1 everyone drafts 8 characters. Some heroes, some villains, all comic book super-persons. We want everyone's list in QUICKLY, so it doesn't matter if there are duplicates.

Day 2-5: Stragglers enter their submissions.

Day 6: NO NEW PLAYERS! I post the master list: Every character drafted, duplicates reduced to singles. I will replace duplicates with a pre-prepared list of popular list (there are three picks for superman? I go to the top two on my list that haven't been picked, and I add them. Now the master list has 1 superman and two other people)`

Day7-end: Draft Normally. All your characters must come from the Master List, and you can't draft anyone you originally submitted. (so, from the example earlier, none of the three players could draft Superman. anyone could draft the two people I replaced his duplicates with)

8 characters

3 options (can be used for characters not on the Master List)

Maximally limited selection! Sniping is guaranteed!

(I still say this is a great way to spend our self-isolating hours)

I see it as a bit like musical chairs, in that moment when three people lunge for the same chair. There will be a very limited set of people to draft. That means more people will wind up wanting the same character.

I will concede that "The Master List superdraft" might be more descriptive. I just thought of it as a way to maximize one of my favorite parts.