Grab&Throw -MultiAttack

Ninja-Bear

Question

Good Morning Steve,

I was just curious of a rules question. I understand that if I grab an opponent and immediately throw the opponent I can do that in that phase. If I want to use the opponent as a missile to hit another opponent, then I need to wait till my next phase. I hit me (yeah I’m going to use that pun) though if I really wanted use that opponent in the same phase as the Grab, I could declare a multiattack-since I’m allowed to mix HTH and Ranged attacks. I’m just checking to see if I got a handle on MultiAttack as RAW.

Btw I finally got 6th Vol 1&2, 👍. I really enjoy your philosophy on gaming. (Which I had a sense of before). 

1 answer to this question

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying the books. ;)

As a “Yield Sign” Maneuver, a Multiple Attack is, of course, under the GM’s control; there may be some things he doesn’t want to allow for game balance considerations, or other reasons. But if a character’s willing to take on the usual penalties and drawbacks for a Multiple Attack, I (and I think most GMs) would let him do a Grab-and-Throw at another target as a Multiple Attack. As you note, a Multiple Attack can mix HTH and Ranged attacks, and I don’t think what you’re describing is likely to cause problems in most situations.