Lady Training

steriaca

(It is time for the high school semi-annual melodrama play for charity.  And the play club got it into there mind to cast the thing cross gender (boys play girl parts, and vice versa). Rob gets the role of the damsel in distress, and decided to use the role to perfect his mannerisms as Lady Heart.

Meanwhile,  the charity money and the small group of well to do backers of the event naturally invite various robbers to the event...

Posted for Mark by steriaca.)

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(Basically,  if your character wants to be involved with the play, just post what role you wish, noting the reversed gender requirement,  or position as stage hand or costume/makeup.

Roles not yet taken:

The heroic mountie,

The dasterly villian,

The sarcastic henchman,

The damsel's father or mother (or both)

The plot of the melodrama is quite simple and cometic... villain loves the damsel...'s father's money, and wants to marry her or abduct her or something. Villain is basically winging it as killing her is part of the plan, but exactly when.

Needless to say, this is a musical comedy style melodrama. )

Ghost Cat can easily pull off the dasterly villian like Sindely Whiplash (from  the Dudly Do-Right cartoon)
Handle-bar mustache along with the finger twirling of it

Shape Shift  (Sight, Hearing and Touch Groups, limited group of shapes), Makeover, Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4) (35 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Minute, Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, -1), Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -1), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Unified Power (-1/4)

Acting 12-

+1/+1d6 Striking Appearance (vs. all characters)

(Ok. We got a villain part.

Rob is not exactly an actor, but he can dance and sing. And, well, he has a fare PRE even when not transformed.

Ok, a 14 PRE and a 12- roll.)

Rob, still in his normal clothes,  starts practicing his first song in the play. Wardrobe is nodding and taking measurements for both his costume and the 'rope cocoon'. Finally, someone in wardrobe places a long blond wig already styled in long sausage ringlets and an oversize white hair bow in it. Rob had to actually stop his singing to laugh. 

"This is beyond silly."

"Its ment to be Rob." The wardrobe master smiled. 

Miss Jo Anne Forbes, the Drama Club head, and play director, watches from the audience and nods.

Stage Crew members, and Mouseketeers, Judy Kaplan and Sharon Little Deer are busy checking stage equipment.  Judy is inspecting the linesets that raise and lower the curtains, lights, and other things that are flown.  Sharon is going over the stage and house lighting systems.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:12 PM, steriaca said:

"So Miss Forbes, do you really think I'll do justice to the play?" Rob places a side curl over each shoulder. "I'm also worried about that rope cocoon outer costume I have to put on a few times in the play."

"I think so," Miss Forbes replies.  "I also think you do an excellent job on The Mickey Mouse Club."  She then asked, "Are you surprised that I watch a program that some of my drama club members are on?"

On 1/5/2020 at 9:56 PM, Mark Rand said:

"I think so," Miss Forbes replies.  "I also think you do an excellent job on The Mickey Mouse Club."  She then asked, "Are you surprised that I watch a program that some of my drama club members are on?"

"Not really Miss Forbes."

Just then, a wardrobe person came out with a white dress. "Just as I thought. We have your size already. What do you think Miss Forbes? A bustle to go with the waist bow? Or would that interfere with the cocoon to much?"

Rob looks at the wardrobe person. "Coccon?"

"Don't worry. It zips up in the back and only looks like a bunch of ropes. Think of it as a overcoat and hobble dress."

"I'm a guy, so I wouldn't know about hobble dresses."

Edited by Mark Rand
to fix error in quote

8 hours ago, steriaca said:

"I'm a guy, so I wouldn't know about hobble dresses."

“A hobble dress is a dress with a skirt that has a narrow enough hem to significantly impede the wearer's stride,” Miss Forbes replies.  “They were a short-lived fashion trend that peaked between 1908 and 1914.  Long pencil skirts are considered a modern variation of the old hobble style.”

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

“A hobble dress is a dress with a skirt that has a narrow enough hem to significantly impede the wearer's stride,” Miss Forbes replies.  “They were a short-lived fashion trend that peaked between 1908 and 1914.  Long pencil skirts are considered a modern variation of the old hobble style.”

"Well...I don't think..."

The wardrobe person interrupted. "We have a white hobble dress which would fit. We can try both before you can decide, Miss Forbes."

Rob was pulled to the dressing room where most of his male civilian outfit was stripped away and a light corset, pantaloons, petticoats, then the dress with a stiff sash bow of ridiculous size was placed on him. He was paraded in front of Miss Forbes. "Normal period dress." He was turned around for inspection. Then they gently took off the stiff bow and placed the brown over costume, his arms put through the top most arm holes, then gently zipped down and the bow carefully reattached. "Cluch your hands around your breasts Rob." He does so. "Normal dress in damsel mode."

The rope cocoon was gently removed and Rob was lead to wardrobe yet again. One dress was removed, and another dress applied. This one is mostly the same, including the stiff bow. The only difference is the hobble skirt, which Rob admits makes his legs look more feminine (along with padding in the pantaloons). He was gently turned around for Miss Forbes. Then, like the first dress, the cocoon was gently applied and zipped down. Rob clutched his hands again, this time without being told.

"Well, I guess I feel more helpless and damsel like in the hobble dress. But what if there is an emergency?"

The wardrobe person smiles. "There is a secret zipper in both the cocoon and hobble dress skirt." To prove it, the wardrobe person goes and unzips those zippers. "We never had to use them, but we live in a world where people shoot energy from their hands. So you never know what we need till we need it."

26 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"I think the hobble dress works better," Jo Anne replies.  "What do you think, Rob?  After all, you're going to be wearing the dress."

"I guess I could get use to it." Rob tries to walk in it. "Feels oddly comforting in a way. I guess it will help me get into character. And...why the clutched hands?"

The wardrobe person spoke. "Well, that is because we are going to physically tie your wrists together as your praying. That will be for the train tracks scene. For the sawmill scene, your hands will be poking out of the side. And the barrel of black powder, that is still unknown and can go either way or keep your entire arms inside.  I seen you dance. I'm sure you can put that knowledge to the test adapting it to a nice wiggle when bound."

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

"I wonder if one of the lawyers from the Mouse will get here and inspect the script. Which reminds me, who is playing my hero?"

"The Disney folks already okayed it," Jo Anne replies with a smile.  "We're still casting the hero.  Before I forget, I asked Mark Stein to act as makeup artist for the males."

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

"The Disney folks already okayed it," Jo Anne replies with a smile.  "We're still casting the hero.  Before I forget, I asked Mark Stein to act as makeup artist for the males."

"Mark Stein? His name sounds familiar..."

9 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Mark Stein? His name sounds familiar..."

"He's one of your fellow Mouseketeers, and a member of the Drama Club," Jo Anne says.  "In fact, I think half the Mouseketeers are in Drama Club, and I know two that are on the Stage Crew."

"Going to check something topside," Judy says as she heads for a ladder that will let her go into the stage catwalks.

"Understood," Jo Anne says.

Rob practices walking in the hobble dress, and is glad he is not being forced to wear high heels with the dress. He looks a little bit silly, but that is the nature of the play.

After a while,  he returns to the script. He is an ace at remembering his lines and songs, and his role has only a few lines and mostly songs. There are even songs where his character is bound and technically gagged. 

Just then, a pair of female hands cover his eyes. "Guess who Rochan."

"Mako?"

(Rochan and Mako are pet names for each other. Doreen Mariko is now officially here. And...now I pass her to Mark.)

"Got it in one," Doreen Mariko Tanaka laughs.  Jo Anne Forbes passes her a script.  "Thank you, Miss Forbes."

"You're welcome."  Doreen goes to one of the one of the four wooden armchairs in the stage left wing, sits, and begins to study her script.  

(There are four wooden arm chairs in each stage wing that are used when speakers need to be seated on stage.)

Rob carefully sat next to her girlfriend. "So, they asked you to play a role? Cool. I'm guessing your my Canadian Mountie."

Rob then spoke to her in a whisper. "...this is a perfect chance to study up on female mannerisms,  to make her less tomboyish in public..."

Back to his normal voice volume,  he continued.  "Hey, if your taking the Mountie role, we have a duet together on page 143."

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

Rob carefully sat next to her girlfriend. "So, they asked you to play a role? Cool. I'm guessing your my Canadian Mountie."

Rob then spoke to her in a whisper. "...this is a perfect chance to study up on female mannerisms,  to make her less tomboyish in public..."

Back to his normal voice volume,  he continued.  "Hey, if your taking the Mountie role, we have a duet together on page 143."

"Okay," Doreen says.  "Fortunately, I'm a quick study.  Let's practice the duet."

Rob 'got into position' by clutching his hands and crossing his ankles. The song happens during the third rescue, from the lit explosives barrel he would be 'tied to'. Rob starts the song by mumphing a musical warning to the mountie to go away before the barrel explodes and starts a cave in. Throughout the song (after the mountie pulls the gag down), whenever she tries to persuade the mountie to save himself and leave her, he pulls the cloth gag up. This goes on till he reveals that he already stomped out the fuse on the way to her. Finishing removing the rope attaching her to the barrel, he pulls the gag down one last time and have a chased kiss.

(Of course,  she and he refers to the gender of the role, not character.)