steriaca

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

Diana says, "I've been listening to police radio chatter and it looks like Foxbat wants to get the autograph in Tree of Life Congregation's parking lot in 20-minutes.  Since it's just down the street, we'll wait here."

"Well..."

"Marked police van and Butz's car are in the lot," Diana says.  "What was Butz thinking?  Foxbat might be a loon, but he's sure to become suspicious."  She pauses, then adds, "Looks like normal traffic on the street, but Foxbat could be using a normal car."

(Here is Captain Butz from Hermit's People of the Campaign City thread.

Captain Eugene Butz  is having trouble adapting to a changing world.  Every time he turns around lately, there seems to be something new to cope with.  Goons with blasters instead of regular guns were bad enough, but in his time they’ve had more and more criminals with superpowers hitting the town and trying old crimes with abilities he can barely comprehend, and new crimes he never imagined possible.  Old  tactics are failing, and yet, old tactics are what Captain Butz relies on again and again. 

He doesn’t know anything else.  Superhuman task forces would require training and upgrades in tech that he fears would end up firing regular cops to make room in the budget, and would cost him a great deal of authority as well as whatever hotshot was put in charge of the program would be calling shots not just on the field, but in prep and fall out.  It’s bad enough PRIMUS takes charge whenever they show up.  

Eugene is a decent fellow in many ways, but his refusal to adapt with the times is endangering both the people under his command and his career.  Commander Hardin of PRIMUS has tried to assist in matters of small unit tactics and so on, as he needs the manpower the Force can provide as support, but Cpt. Butz just sees this as an attempt to take command from him.  The Mayor, unknown to him, is feeling pressure from more than one source to replace him. 

As indicated, Eugene is a bit too possessive over his authority, and stuck in the past to boot. At one time, he won medals for holding his forces to the highest standards and keeping corruption out of the Police Department. Unbeknownst to him, some organized crime figures are actually upping the pressure on his police and thus him by hiring superhumans to come into the city, sew a little chaos, and leave.  By revealing his lack of aptitude, the non-powered crime bosses can have him replaced by a less scrupulous man they can work with.  True, the results will make it harder for superhuman criminals, but really that’s a perk for most crimelords who don’t have powers of their own.

QUOTE: “What do you mean the blockade won’t stop this guy?  No, no, my men can handle it.”)

3 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Suddenly, something smashes through the marked van's windshield and there's an explosion and a bright flash of light.  "Flash-bang grenade, or something like it," Diana says.  "Foxbat has to be nearby." 

"Agreed," Arachne says.  "Looks like Butz blew his chance.  Our turn, Lieutenant?"

"Yeah," Diana says.

7 hours ago, Amorkca said:

Avis appears next to GC, "You taking the lead today GC?"

Perception 17-

Telescopic range mod +16

Spatial awareness

The cars are nowhere near where the flashbang came from.  One, actually, belongs to Golden City Maids, the maid service the synagogue custodian works for.  She lives in the building and is cleaning a classroom.

Butz and his team stagger out of the police van.  Then, a black-haired woman wearing a blue polo shirt and khaki slacks emerges, carrying an orange bag.  "First aid kit from the Religious School office," she says.

"Anyone else inside?" Arachne asks as the black-haired woman provides first aid.

"The cantor and his daughter are in the sanctuary, winding a couple of the Torahs to the proper position," she replies.  "That's his car beside mine."

"Did you see where the flashbang came from?" Diana asks.

"No, but from the hole in the van's windshield and the glass on the ground, I'd guess it came from the general direction of the church across the street from us.  Of course, it might've come from the street."

"Thanks," Diana said.

"You're welcome."

"Yes, a ping-pong ball-shaped flashbang did that," Diana replies.

"Looks like I'm going have to clean the glass up," the black-haired woman says.

"We'll take care of it after the lab boys get through, Becca," Diana says.  "We also have to get a city tow truck for the van and an ambulance for Captain Butz and his officers."

"We don't need an ambulance," Butz says.  He takes a step and looses his balance.  Fortunately, Diana and Becca catch him.

37 minutes ago, steriaca said:

She then notices that the woman is not a police officer. "Sorry miss. Are you alright, Miss Becca?"

"I'm fine," Becca says.  "I was in the hall when I heard a boom and saw a flash of light.  I looked, but didn't see any damage to the classroom windows."

2 hours ago, Beast said:

maybe someone else is in the driver's seat concerning Foxbat if he is acting wierd

"That is a possibility. He could be manipulated, considering that his grasp on sanity is not all there." After a pause, Lady Heart continues. "According to the files, he believes he is a villain of a silver age comic book, and his entire life is just one big comic. Wonder how he would react to me, considering I look so much like I stepped out of an anime myself. "

Avis steps back into the van Ghost Cat came out of, over the communicator he says "I'll keep scouting around out here in smaller form.  I also have spacial awareness so should be safe from any flash type attacks, Avis out"

Inside the van, he shrinks down to hummingbird size and scoots out the window opposite to which he came into the van.