Lady Training

steriaca

Bonnie enters.  "I did some checking," she says.  "A number of years ago, a cat burglar named Freddy Fellows, who became known as The Ferret after being transformed into a humanoid one, broke into the San Angelo Metropolitan Museum, stole at least one emerald, and got away with it.  While Freddy pulled a job in Dallas two days ago, there have been rumors about burglars with minor metahuman abilities."

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the communications staffers enters and hands Bonnie a sheet of paper.  "Thanks," Bonnie says.

"You're welcome." the staffer says before leaving.

"According to this, Vixen left the weapon system plans on the desk of the Miami FBI office's Special Agent in Charge with a note saying that the security where the plans were kept was very poor, but she couldn't let Viper get it."  Bonnie pauses, then continues, "Lash, a skirtchasing burglar who has a totally unrequited crush on the vigilante heroine Black Mask, was pummeled by her when he tried to burglarize a condo.  He managed to get away, without loot, before the police showed up."

3 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"So, what is actually missing? And who do you think is the culprit?"

"Diamonds, rubys, and emeralds were stolen," Bonnie replies.  "Nobody knows who the culprit was."

"Butz probably thinks Catherine Avery pulled it off," Lotus says.

"Who are the potential unsubs? GRAB is known for preferring non-violent robberies. CLOWN is not known for robberies, but they do them to fund whatever prank they have planned. It doesn't help that CLOWN member The Fox was known as a playful robber when he was solo. Practically every other supervillain dabbles in robberies from time to time."

"Doesn't sound like CLOWN," Lotus says."They, literally, tie their victims up in red tape.  GRAB doesn't drug their victims or use electric stun guns.  Beverly Archer's lighthouse is a 30-minute drive, in good traffic, from the museum, and last night, there were delays on one road from her neighborhood into the city while two other roads were closed.  Additionally, as part of the paroles Beverly and Catherine have to wear ankle monitors that transmit their location to police headquarters at all times." 

"They could've also hid in the air ducts," Lotus says.  "I talked to Detective Lieutenant Barbara Whitfield, who heads the Burglary Unit.  According to her, the staff break room, where the coffee pot reserved for the guards is, can't be seen from the monitor room.  She also told me that the guards are provided by a private security company and aren't museum employees."

"Why aren't they museum employees?" Monica asks.

"It's cheaper that way," Lotus replies.

"Great,"Bonnie says sarcastically.  "They get burglarized while having a budget crisis.  What's the insurance hike going to do to their bottom line?"

7 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Maybe that is the point. Quickly, does the place robbed have any rivals in the private museum business?"

"Not in the area," Lotus replies.  "Besides that, like all area museums, it's open to the public and run by a board of directors."

On 2/15/2020 at 6:47 AM, Mark Rand said:

"Not in the area," Lotus replies.  "Besides that, like all area museums, it's open to the public and run by a board of directors."

"While not a part of this investigation, I'm thinking about joining the drama club."

1 hour ago, Amorkca said:

"True," Drew ponders, "we could go CSI the places right? We have that kind of authority?"

"Just one place in the county." Lotus replies.  "The  San Angelo Metropolitan Museum in the Brackett Park neighborhood.  While you don't have that kind of authority, I do, and I can bring you with me."  She then adds, "I suspect that Detective Lieutenant Barbara Whitfield, who heads the San Angelo Police Department's Burglary Bureau has called the San Angelo County Sheriff's Department Identification Bureau, which is their fingerprint and crime lab unit, for assistance."

15 hours ago, Amorkca said:

Anything significant about the thefts?  Super powered thief?

"could they be part of something larger"
"A super weapon"

"summon or release some lovecraftian horror"
"easily cut and sold for money"
"you get my drift"

40 minutes ago, Beast said:

"could they be part of something larger"
"A super weapon"

"summon or release some lovecraftian horror"
"easily cut and sold for money"
"you get my drift"

"I'm sure a theft alert was put out to the gem trade," Lotus says.  "That's standard procedure.  No reputable jeweler will handle them.  Of course, someone could've been hired to steal them for some reason." She pauses, then adds, "Vixen stole weapon plans that Viper was after and left them with  the Special Agent in Charge of the Miami's FBI office.  There might be a connection.  I'll check with some friends in the FBI."

On 2/19/2020 at 4:00 PM, Mark Rand said:

"I'm sure a theft alert was put out to the gem trade," Lotus says.  "That's standard procedure.  No reputable jeweler will handle them.  Of course, someone could've been hired to steal them for some reason." She pauses, then adds, "Vixen stole weapon plans that Viper was after and left them with  the Special Agent in Charge of the Miami's FBI office.  There might be a connection.  I'll check with some friends in the FBI."

"You know, Foxbat might know if something is up in other areas of the crime world..."