Lady Training

steriaca

9 hours ago, Amorkca said:

Fluttering above the desk area, Avis tries to see if there is anything of interest nearby, anything on a computer screen to view or read.

<In this section to get from one room to another does he need to go through doorways or are there spots up above that he can access to search?>

No spots above it he can access and the only things on the desk are the local newspaper and a cardboard box with orange wristbands like those in hospitals that boldly say "UNDER 21" in black lettering.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, steriaca said:

"True. It wasn't announced ahead of time, so that leaves out Lupin and his crew. It is not a building or such, so we can leave out Carman Sandiago. As far as I know, there is nothing cat-like about the taken gems, and as far as I can tell, Catwoman only likes the New York and New Jersey area (ooc: Don't want to say Gotham City unless it exists. We CAN have Catwoman without Batman and Gotham City after all). That also leaves out many of the more territorial criminals. There has been talk in the mystical world about something called the Silver Imperial Crystal. But honestly I don't know where to go to ask about something like that."

(Ooc: The rumor of the SIC can exist without Sailor Moon. Also there may be other mystical gems out there. Like Godgems. Much like Lady Heart's.)

"Yeah," Barbara says.  "Catherine's maternal grandmother could've pulled it off, but she died of cancer three years ago.  We were both at the funeral.  As far as her parents go, they died when they ran a red light in their SUV and plowed into the side of a semi, cutting their heads and the top half of the vehicle off.  Their blood alcohol content was twice the legal limit.  No surprise there.  When I went to pick up Catherine's clothes for her first court appearance, they were smashed."

19 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"Yeah," Barbara says.  "Catherine's maternal grandmother could've pulled it off, but she died of cancer three years ago.  We were both at the funeral.  As far as her parents go, they died when they ran a red light in their SUV and plowed into the side of a semi, cutting their heads and the top half of the vehicle off.  Their blood alcohol content was twice the legal limit.  No surprise there.  When I went to pick up Catherine's clothes for her first court appearance, they were smashed."

"That is extremely sad to hear about. Prehaps I should check in with the Council about local gems of supposed mystical power beyond my own. Thank you for your time."

Soon, after a phone call to the Council, she gets someone who wants to talk about it in person at Piper's, of all places.

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Arriving at Piper's, you are greeted by an imposing bald man with a goatee.  "Welcome to Piper's, Lady Heart," he says with a Scottish burr. "Go on inside.  The ladies are expecting you."

"They are? Thank you." She goes inside. 

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

"They are? Thank you." She goes inside. 

"Over here, Lady Heart," calls out a female voice.  "I'm Piper Halliwell.  Please meet my sister, Phoebe, our half-sister, Paige, and cousin, Peggy.  What can we help you with?"

(Margaret "Peggy" Hunter is my own creation.)

9 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

No spots above it he can access and the only things on the desk are the local newspaper and a cardboard box with orange wristbands like those in hospitals that boldly say "UNDER 21" in black lettering.

Waits again for the door open and goes into another area.

1 hour ago, Amorkca said:

Waits again for the door open and goes into another area.

He's in the bar itself.  There are a number of people there in black, some behind the bar, others at tables.  All are gloved and masked.

There are also doors to the restrooms and a door labeled "STAFF ONLY".

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"Over here, Lady Heart," calls out a female voice.  "I'm Piper Halliwell.  Please meet my sister, Phoebe, our half-sister, Paige, and cousin, Peggy.  What can we help you with?"

(Margaret "Peggy" Hunter is my own creation.)

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Halliwell and company. There was a gem robberies lately, and I was wondering if there is anything supernatural about it. I heard of some gems with power, like the Silver Imperial Crystal and my own Godgem." To prove her point, she presents her left wrist with the normally invisible and intangible to non-mystics Godgem of Love to them.

"I've sensed that Godgem a few times," Piper says.

"I think we all have," Phoebe says.

"I've sensed it being worn by a teenage boy with an Oriental girl at his side," Paige says. 

"Whitelighter senses?" Peggy asks as the phone rings.  "I got it."

"No," Paige replies.  "I saw them once from down the street."

7 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Yes. It is true. My real name is Robert Trueheart. The other girl is my girlfriend. Somehow the gem bonded with me. As I was told, it is rare for a Godgem to bond with a male, othoe not unheard of."

"Also, Whitelighter?"

"Guardian angel for good witches," Paige replies.

Peggy returns and says, "Robocall."  Piper, Phoebe, and Paige groan.  "We hate those," Peggy explains.

"Your secret's safe with us," Phoebe says.

19 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Ok....this is a strange world after all. Thank you." Lady Heart paused a bit. "But now for the question at hand. Is there anything supernatural about the gems stolen? Or the robberies?"

"Not that we know of," Piper replies.  "We'll check with various sources and let we know if we find out anything."

4 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"Not that we know of," Piper replies.  "We'll check with various sources and let we know if we find out anything."

"And thank you. If there is anything I can do for you, just ask." Lady Heart leaves, satisfied in fact that her questions were unanswered. She went back to HQ and waited for the others.

22 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

He's in the bar itself.  There are a number of people there in black, some behind the bar, others at tables.  All are gloved and masked.

There are also doors to the restrooms and a door labeled "STAFF ONLY".

Avis finds a spot up in the high recesses of the ceiling and settles down to see when GC shows up.

<Is everyone, male and female all in masks? >

<Will try to use spatial awareness on the people in the room to see if what's visible matches the area they fill>

33 minutes ago, Amorkca said:

Avis finds a spot up in the high recesses of the ceiling and settles down to see when GC shows up.

<Is everyone, male and female all in masks? >

<Will try to use spatial awareness on the people in the room to see if what's visible matches the area they fill>

Most are masked, but three male customers aren't.  All staffers, including the lady tending the bar, have stocking masks under their ski masks.

On 2/29/2020 at 8:20 PM, Beast said:

GC will wander in in her new diggs and scope out the feel of this gin joint

Okay.

It's a bar.  The main difference between it and other bars is that the people dress like cat burglars prowling at night.