Lady Training

steriaca

5 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"I'm fine, my love,"Doreen replies.  "The Disney folks might send a photographer to document the play, but they also might send one to document Annette either competing in a swim meet, or swimming, with Monica, as a mermaid.  They may even want to photograph Judy and Sharon working on stage crew."

"So true. The world doesn't revolve around us, of course."

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jo Anne came over to where they were.  "While the Disney folks aren't here to cover the play, we do have a visitor," she said,  pointing to where Andrea Joy, R.N., the redheaded school nurse, stood by one of the doors.  As usual, she wore wine-colored scrubs.

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Jo Anne came over to where they were.  "While the Disney folks aren't here to cover the play, we do have a visitor," she said,  pointing to where Andrea Joy, R.N., the redheaded school nurse, stood by one of the doors.  As usual, she wore wine-colored scrubs.

Rob waves to Jo Anne with his semi-free left arm.

(Drama Club members have at least some familiarity with stage makeup due to Mehron Mini-Pro® Student Makeup Kits club members purchased.  Jo Anne suggested that additional supplies could be purchased from either the local drug store makeup aisle or a local makeup supply house.)

Rob pulls off the gag. "I guess it is makeup time then? How long before the raw run through?" He knows enough from the times he is doing anything for the Club that they do a once over of the show without tapping to see how all the planned segments will flow together. Both he and Doreen are masters of short time scrip memorization.

Rob then blinked. His memory must be faulty, or being in the blue team ment he wasn't around much. They did a run through for each skit before filming it, not each show. The show is comprised of many skits, and they film multiple shows in a day. That also doesn't take into consideration the serial, which is filmed somewhere else on another set of days.

37 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"I just realize Mako-chan, that I need to be on set for the Club more. I forgot that they film multiple shows per day and we rehearse and film per skit, and not per show." He then sighs. "Can you help me out of the cocoon?"

"Not a problem," Doreen replies.

32 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"I know."  Doreen unzips the cocoon.  "Need a hand with the dress?"

"Not right now. I haven't worn a dress since, well, the last anime convention." Not exactly a lie, considering he is Lady Heart, and that was the first time he transformed into her. "Of course,  this is different then dressing like your favorite anime, manga, or Japanese pop culture character. Besides,  we don't know today's agenda. Is today a dress rehearsal,  or just a rehearsal? When exactly is the play? You can count on me to remember all the songs before show time, of course."

4 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Besides,  we don't know today's agenda. Is today a dress rehearsal,  or just a rehearsal?  When exactly is the play?  You can count on me to remember all the songs before show time, of course."

"Dress rehearsal's in two days," came Sharon's voice from the lighting board.  "Play's day after that."  She sighs, then adds, "Meanwhile, I have to fix a fault with the second electric and the needed drapes and set pieces are going to be picked up tomorrow by Jim Reese, the Stage Crew's student head."

"Everyone, clear the stage," Jo Anne says.  "Lights are being lowered from the fly loft."  Once everyone is clear, she says, "All yours, ladies."

"HEADS UP!" Judy calls out.  "LINESET 6, SECOND ELECTRIC, BEING FLOWN IN!"  She lowers the bank of lights to three feet off the stage floor, then locks it in place.  "All yours, Sharon."

5 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"Dress rehearsal's in two days," came Sharon's voice from the lighting board.  "Play's day after that."  She sighs, then adds, "Meanwhile, I have to fix a fault with the second electric and the needed drapes and set pieces are going to be picked up tomorrow by Jim Reese, the Stage Crew's student head."

"Everyone, clear the stage," Jo Anne says.  "Lights are being lowered from the fly loft."  Once everyone is clear, she says, "All yours, ladies."

"HEADS UP!" Judy calls out.  "LINESET 6, SECOND ELECTRIC, BEING FLOWN IN!"  She lowers the bank of lights to three feet off the stage floor, then locks it in place.  "All yours, Sharon."

"Then the dress and wig are off. You can help me out of this getup, including corset and such, then I can help you out of the mountie outfit,  and I'll treat you to McDonalds on our way home, ok?"

2 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Then the dress and wig are off. You can help me out of this getup, including corset and such, then I can help you out of the mountie outfit,  and I'll treat you to McDonalds on our way home, ok?"

"Sure," Doreen says.

"Judy and I are staying over to repair the second electric," Sharon says.

"I'll notify school security that you're going to be here for a while," Jo Anne says.

"Thank you," Judy says.

"You're welcome," Jo Anne says.

While Rob and Doreen were helping each other to remove their play costumes,  Rob whispers to her in Japanese,  "What do you think? Do you think this play might help me with shinzo-hime?" (Shinzo-hime, rough translation 'heart princess', but more like a miko than royalty)

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

While Rob and Doreen were helping each other to remove their play costumes,  Rob whispers to her in Japanese,  "What do you think? Do you think this play might help me with shinzo-hime?" (Shinzo-hime, rough translation 'heart princess', but more like a miko than royalty)

"It might," Doreen whispers back, also in Japanese.

8 hours ago, steriaca said:

Rob put on his normal clothing,  deliberately trying not to look directly at Doreen while doing so. "So," he asked in English, "the typical order my heart? Grilled chicken and a large shake with two straws?"

"Right," Doreen says.

"Work lights coming on and stage lights coming off," Judy calls out before flipping switches and adjusting dimmers.

"Judy, while I get the electronics tools and safety goggles will you pull the breakers for the second electric?" Sharon asks.

"Sure," Judy replies.

"Circuit breakers for second electric are now off," Judy says.  "There are three pair of electrician's work gloves rated for 1,000-volts in the electronics tool case.  The line voltage to the lights is 120-volts.  Sharon's also bringing safety goggles."

Jo Anne and Andrea stop by the guard's desk and Jo Anne says, "Some of the Stage Crew members are staying late to make repairs to the stage lighting."

At that moment, Annette and Monica, both in black, arrive at the desk from their swim team practice.  "We should join them," Annette says.

"Agreed," Monica says.

"Fine," the guard says.  Jo Anne and Andrea leave the building.

Rob and Doreen leave the stage through the outside entrance (as opposed to going through the school again) and go to their local McDonald's and order their usual. They are, of course,  still near by the stage, as it is only a couple blocks away.

(Anything can happen,  you know. )

Edited by steriaca