How to build SHOCKWAVE brick power

aylwin13

This may be sort of an HD questions, but it begins with just building the power. I'm trying to build the Shockwave brick power from the sidebar on page 69 of the Champions book. At first I thought that I should use naked modifier, but when I did I couldn't figure out how the book came up with the points that they did. Can someone help me out, and tell me the steps that I need to go through to do this? :o:confused:

The Shockwave power in Champions is a Naked Advantage with a 60 point base. So on the first line you type Shockwave. On the second line you type Strength. In the total box you put 60. Then you add the Explosion and Hole In the Middle Advantages. That costs you 45 points and uses 4 additional END. Then add all the Limitations listed in the power. Power done. :)

Originally posted by Monolith

The Shockwave power in Champions is a Naked Advantage with a 60 point base. So on the first line you type Shockwave. On the second line you type Strength. In the total box you put 60. Then you add the Explosion and Hole In the Middle Advantages. That costs you 45 points and uses 4 additional END. Then add all the Limitations listed in the power. Power done. :)

Monolith, I was doing everything as you said, except for typing Strength on line 2. When I tried to add Explosion, it wasn't on the list that came up. I'm at work, so I don't have HD at the moment. I'll try it this evening and see if it works.

Thanks. :)

Originally posted by aylwin13

Monolith, I was doing everything as you said, except for typing Strength on line 2. When I tried to add Explosion, it wasn't on the list that came up. I'm at work, so I don't have HD at the moment. I'll try it this evening and see if it works.

Thanks. :)

There is a Tab called "Target". Change it so that it reads DCV instead of Self Only. When you do that all the combat Advantages and Limitations will be available to you.

You can also type 12d6 instead of Strength. Then the printout will say: Shockwave: 12d6 Explosion, Hole in the Middle. I use Strength so that anyone looking at the sheet can understand what the base power is. Either way is fine though.

Originally posted by Monolith

There is a Tab called "Target". Change it so that it reads DCV instead of Self Only. When you do that all the combat Advantages and Limitations will be available to you.

You can also type 12d6 instead of Strength. Then the printout will say: Shockwave: 12d6 Explosion, Hole in the Middle. I use Strength so that anyone looking at the sheet can understand what the base power is. Either way is fine though.

I think that this should do it. I was picking "hex" for the target, and it wouldn't give me Explosion.

I'll try it later and post my result here. Thanks muchly!