Constant non-attacks and attacking

Christougher

Question

My character has Darkness to Sight with Personal Immunity, Reduced to Zero END and No Range.  Combat starts and he  activates it and wants to fire his Energy Blast.

1) Darkness is a Constant Attack power.  Can I use my Energy Blast as a separate attack while the Darkness is active?

2) Would Uncontrolled and/or Persistent change that answer to "Yes" if it was "No"?

3) If still "No", what would be needed to allow the Darkness and Energy Blast to both be used?

4) Do the previous answers apply if the power is Change Environment or Images (or other non-attack type powers)?

5) Do the previous answers apply if the power is an Area-effecting, damage causing power like Dispel, Entangle or Energy Blast?

1 answer to this question

My apologies for the delay in responding — I’ve been ill.

1. Yes, because the character is just maintaining a Darkness he already established. That being the case, he can keep it functioning by paying END (see 6E1 127) and it remains in effect. He can make other attacks (or take other actions) at the same time. (Of course, he could not activate Darkness and then use another attack in the same Phase — using Darkness that way qualifies as an Attack Action, which would use up his Phase. But once the Darkness is in place, keeping it going doesn’t use up his Phase.)

2-5.  I think these are moot based on my answer to #1, but if I missed something or you have further questions, please post a follow-up.