Jump to content
Cassandra

Star Trek Picard

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Cassandra said:

So Romulans are irish now?

 

Hmmm...  I'd think Klingons would be more Irish.  How's that old Irish drinking song go...?

 

"Well, we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And then we go home to our wives

 

Where we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And then we go to church

 

Where we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

 

Hmmm...  I'd think Klingons would be more Irish.  How's that old Irish drinking song go...?

 

"Well, we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And then we go home to our wives

 

Where we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And then we go to church

 

Where we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight...


   Wasn’t that written by the great Irish poet Dennis Leary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, death tribble said:

Spoiler alert !

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 


Picard has been given another series and Patrick was on The View where he invited Whoopi Goldberg to be on the next series. It's on Youtube
 

 

 

 

Because DT chose to put it in spoiler tags

 

 



 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I maintain that if anyone from the Next Generation were to appear on Picard, it should be his greatest adversary--Q.  Perhaps they're saving him for Season 2.

 

Another cameo idea--by all rights, Jake Sisko should have been the one to interview Picard.  I'd like to think it would have ended better.

 

So androids are now called "Synthetics."  Wouldn't they prefer the term "Artificial Person?"

 

I wish I could figure out what the Romulans are up to.  I always figured they never needed to emulate other races--and here they are, it seems, trying to emulate the Borg.  What's the big idea?

 

All the above is just nitpickery with a smattering of facetiousness.  To my mind this is a really great show, and I'm glad I subscribed to CBS All Access to get it.  I will continue to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rarely watch any telly these days, but I made an exception for Picard and, overall, I'm glad I did. It has the potential to actually feel hopeful, which has been absent in Trek for far too long.

 

And it least it doesn't ignore the passing of time.

 

Screenshot_20200125_095249.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

I maintain that if anyone from the Next Generation were to appear on Picard, it should be his greatest adversary--Q.  Perhaps they're saving him for Season 2.

 

Another cameo idea--by all rights, Jake Sisko should have been the one to interview Picard.  I'd like to think it would have ended better.

 

So androids are now called "Synthetics."  Wouldn't they prefer the term "Artificial Person?"

 

I wish I could figure out what the Romulans are up to.  I always figured they never needed to emulate other races--and here they are, it seems, trying to emulate the Borg.  What's the big idea?

 

All the above is just nitpickery with a smattering of facetiousness.  To my mind this is a really great show, and I'm glad I subscribed to CBS All Access to get it.  I will continue to watch.

 

 

They are kind of ripping off the Silicates and the Artificial Intelligence War from Space Above and Beyond.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wcw43921 said:

For myself,  I'd like to know why the AIs decided to attack Mars--whether it was an extreme reaction to human bigotry, or something else.  I tend to get annoyed by unsolved or unaddressed mysteries.

Well I'd imagine that would get addressed sometime during the series itself.  Can't reveal everything in episode one after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

For myself,  I'd like to know why the AIs decided to attack Mars--whether it was an extreme reaction to human bigotry, or something else.  I tend to get annoyed by unsolved or unaddressed mysteries.

 

They were Dejah Thoris fanboys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...