Star Trek Picard

Cassandra

10 minutes ago, Cassandra said:

So Romulans are irish now?

Hmmm...  I'd think Klingons would be more Irish.  How's that old Irish drinking song go...?

"Well, we drink and we fight

And we drink and we fight

And then we go home to our wives

Where we drink and we fight

And then we go to church

And we drink and we fight...

2 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Hmmm...  I'd think Klingons would be more Irish.  How's that old Irish drinking song go...?

"Well, we drink and we fight

And then we go home to our wives

And then we go to church

And we drink and we fight...

Wasn’t that written by the great Irish poet Dennis Leary?

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

Spoiler alert !

Reveal hidden contents

Picard has been given another series and Patrick was on The View where he invited Whoopi Goldberg to be on the next series. It's on Youtube

Because DT chose to put it in spoiler tags

I maintain that if anyone from the Next Generation were to appear on Picard, it should be his greatest adversary--Q.  Perhaps they're saving him for Season 2.

Another cameo idea--by all rights, Jake Sisko should have been the one to interview Picard.  I'd like to think it would have ended better.

So androids are now called "Synthetics."  Wouldn't they prefer the term "Artificial Person?"

I wish I could figure out what the Romulans are up to.  I always figured they never needed to emulate other races--and here they are, it seems, trying to emulate the Borg.  What's the big idea?

All the above is just nitpickery with a smattering of facetiousness.  To my mind this is a really great show, and I'm glad I subscribed to CBS All Access to get it.  I will continue to watch.

12 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

I maintain that if anyone from the Next Generation were to appear on Picard, it should be his greatest adversary--Q.  Perhaps they're saving him for Season 2.

Another cameo idea--by all rights, Jake Sisko should have been the one to interview Picard.  I'd like to think it would have ended better.

So androids are now called "Synthetics."  Wouldn't they prefer the term "Artificial Person?"

I wish I could figure out what the Romulans are up to.  I always figured they never needed to emulate other races--and here they are, it seems, trying to emulate the Borg.  What's the big idea?

All the above is just nitpickery with a smattering of facetiousness.  To my mind this is a really great show, and I'm glad I subscribed to CBS All Access to get it.  I will continue to watch.

They are kind of ripping off the Silicates and the Artificial Intelligence War from Space Above and Beyond.

15 minutes ago, wcw43921 said:

For myself,  I'd like to know why the AIs decided to attack Mars--whether it was an extreme reaction to human bigotry, or something else.  I tend to get annoyed by unsolved or unaddressed mysteries.

Well I'd imagine that would get addressed sometime during the series itself.  Can't reveal everything in episode one after all.