Special Combat Maneuvers

gilgamesh

Question

Greetings,

I am working to create some Combat Maneuvers for a Mounted Calvary Knight.  Something like a "move through" Attack and such, but only usable when he is on his mount.  How would I best represent this?

Also,

Are penalty skill levels, with limitations of "take extra time",  the best way to represent "aiming" with a ranged weapon of some sort?  So that a person may take extra phases to "aim"with a ranged weapon for a vital area?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

1. If you want to create new Combat Maneuvers, use the rules for building Martial Maneuvers in HSMA. The tools there should suffice to create anything you can think of, and if you post about this on the Discussion board I'm sure there are plenty of Herophiles out there who can provide ideas, suggestions, or help. ;)

2. I can't really answer what is the "best way" to do something, since there's usually more than one way to build something in HERO System terms. The Targeting Skill Levels form of PSLs is certainly the way that I am most likely to build the ability you're thinking of, but I might try other ways, and three other gamers might have three other ideas.