Batman (2021)

Cassandra

On 2/1/2020 at 1:14 PM, zslane said:

I like Affleck's look and physicality, but I prefer Kevin Conroy's voice, especially since he never did that stupid thing where he speaks normally as Bruce Wayne and then adopts a whispery, death metal cookie monster voice as Batman. The only other Batman portrayal that I think is something special is Adam West's. All the others range from utterly forgettable to merely passable.

Funny enough Conroy, while he didn't do the stupid Bale growling thing, is the one who made having Batman and Bruce have separate voices be the standard.

Sure, while it "makes sense", it was never necessary for any of the countless other costumed crime fighters from the comics that had live action adaptations over the years (Spider-Man being a prime example). In a genre where something as simple as a pair of glasses and nebbish mannerisms can completely fool everyone, there is absolutely no need to disguise one's voice. And disguised voices sound silly to boot.

1 hour ago, zslane said:

He was more the Joker than Joaquin Phoenix was. There, I said it.

Havent watched it yet to be fair.  But, I can say anything before Suicide Squad is a better Joker.

And may I remind everyone, Mark Hamill.  How dare you forget he was the Joker. How dare you

47 minutes ago, Badger said:

Havent watched it yet to be fair.

You don't have to watch it to know that it isn't a movie about the Joker. It is some other character, wholly new, with the name Joker simply slapped on it.

If they want to "re-imagine" a pop culture icon, that's fine, but they should re-imagine a new name (and setting) while they're at it.

1 hour ago, Pattern Ghost said:

That is one horrible looking Bat-suit. It'd be nice for a movie to have a suit that looks like the character can actually move in. Plus, what are the protrusions on the Bat-logo?

I'm guessing it was a fan generated hoax. 

3 hours ago, Pattern Ghost said:

That is one horrible looking Bat-suit. It'd be nice for a movie to have a suit that looks like the character can actually move in. Plus, what are the protrusions on the Bat-logo?

Now you know why my Champions character goes into battle in T-shirt and blue jeans :whistle: 

4 hours ago, Spence said:

I'm guessing it was a fan generated hoax. 

I hope so. Or at least early prototype costume or something.

But would it kill anyone to put a mostly cloth costume together? Maybe some solid material for the cowl, but they could sell a cloth costume as high tech super-thin kevlar or spider silk armor or something, and make something less armor-plated looking.