Five Man Band: The February 2020 Superdraft

Pariah

The witch scryed, things had not gone as expected with her experiment, but then, new magics could be tricky. She had been particularly frustrated that seeking out Triton's trident had proven fruitless. Somehow she had hoped there would be one in this world, something to heighten her already considerable powers, "That's a stick mama knows how to use, eh boys?" She told her aquatic minions with a chortle, then sighed "But no sign of it.. maybe I'm being too specific. Girl gets a certain age, and she can't always be choosy," Another chuckle escaped her, "Oh who am I kidding? I just want it all. I want Atlantis, I want to rule. And it's certainly my right more than some chowderheaded Merman. So let's spread the magic and look just a bit further," And into view came a Trident, one with enough power to make her raise a brow. 

"Whats this? " She eyed through the spell Aquaman's trident, "Golden Boy's cute, sure, but... that Trident... so much alike, yet different. Now, tall winged and brooding looks a bit less trusting, but I don't think either of them will be too much trouble. Sorry, boys, I can feel your noble blood from here, but there's only enough room on the throne for one sovereign," Plans began to form,  and her tentacles curled as if they were steeped fingers, "May the best Witch win"

ursula-krhart-disney-ariel-mermaid-walt-

Adversary #1: Ursula the Sea Witch & Co

"Thanks for the help," Aquaman said to the heroine who had come to their aid. "I'm a little confused how you knew where we were, let alone that we were in trouble?"

"You might have been in trouble, I was winning," Namor scoffed, then added, "Eventually." He eyed the woman suspiciously, "It seems a coincidence you should show at such a time. I do not trust coincidences. Is this world your home?"

"Wherever the light of my father can be seen is my home," the woman assured, "Any world, any place, any Canada. I help you for the same reason you help them. Under the dome of the sky, there are no strangers, merely fellow souls we have not yet met. You believe it too, or you'd not fight so hard to protect them."

Aquaman actually felt a little guilty, "In truth, we came here largely just to learn what the scientists here knew."

"Of course,  Aquaman," The demi goddess smiled, "Did you think extended hands to help only traveled one way? Even the mighty are not truly alone, unless they choose to be, and even the meek may have strengths to be relied upon."

"Good words," He agreed, "I'm sorry, what was your name again?" 

"Did I not say? Call me..."

108c0b0c100bfff546f3b84cc2793e5e_origina

The Heart: Nelvana of the Northern Lights

Beneath Wildwood Cemetary...

"OK, boss, we've got a robot and a monkey."

"Ape. Detective Chimp is an ape. He's sensitive about that kind of thing."

"OK, an ape... Who's next?"

"Well, unfortunately, my next pick wasn't able to commit to us full time. He's agreed to back us up if we need him, though, so he's basically a reserve member."

"A kind of 6th Ranger then?"

"Uh, yeah."

"So, who is he?"

"Well..."