Five Man Band: The February 2020 Superdraft

Pariah

On Saturday 8th Feb, 2020, five students at the fictional Shermer High School report at 7:00 am for all-day detention. Each comes from a different clique: Amazon Donna Troy, goddess Mary Batson, Inhuman Kamala Khan, Martian M'gann M'orzz, and radio-active spider girl Gwen Stacy.

They gather in the school library, where principal Charles Xavier instructs them not to talk, move from the seats, or sleep until they are released at 4:00 p.m. He assigns them a thousand-word essay, in which each must describe "who you think you are". He leaves, returning only occasionally to check on them.

You know the rest. Chaos happens. The school is attacked by two super villains looking for something. The students, fight back, and uncover that below the school are underground levels of a high technological and quasi military nature. Oops. 

Gwen Stacy writes the letter on behalf of the newly formed super team that each one of us is a leader, lancer, big gal, smart gal, and the heart. Also each of us are Inhuman, Martian, Amazon, Goddess, and the radio-active spider girl. Does that answer your question?" She signs off the letter with "Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club."

Roster title: The Breakfast Club

The Leader - Donna Troy
The Lancer - Mary "Mary Marvel" Batson
The Big Gal - M'gann "Miss Martian" M'orzz
The Smart Gal - Gwen "Spider Gwen" Stacy
The Heart - Kamala "Ms Marvel" Khan

Support: Professor X

The Heart: Venus.

---

Under Wildwood Cemetary:

"Yowzers!" shouted Plastic Man. His eyes bulged, and his tongue fell to the floor. Gradually, he melted into a puddle on the ground.

Pulling himself together with obvious effort, he said 'Thank you chief. Thankyouthankyouthankyou!"

The Spirit replied "I didn't do it for you. It was a logical choice. We need a love goddess to crack this case, just like we need a monkey, sorry, ape, and a robot.

But you are welcome, I suppose. Just behave yourself around her."

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

Congratulations Bazza, you have literally sniped my entire team concept. I am in awe. 

If anything, I was following your lead. You drafted Ridgemont High, and that got me thinking about The Breakfast Club. After thinking for a few days I found something that worked. Initially I was going to keep with the originals stereotypes (geek, basket case, criminal, princess, and jock) but realised I could create my own when looking at the types of character I was listing. Initially a mixture of boys and girls. 

In Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Cameron Crowe focused on six main characters: a tough guy, a nerd, a surfer dude, a sexual sophisticate, and a middle-class brother and sister (paraphrasing wikipedia). You could work with that? Or maybe Runaways at Ridgemont High? 

Maybe our rosters could play a varsity sporting match? 

35 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Maybe our rosters could play a varsity sporting match? 

Maybe my Breakfast Club will destroy your Breakfast Club.  It's on, homes.

;)

This is what I get for participating in a short month Superdraft and assuming I won't get sniped because the field isn't crowded.  Great minds think alike...

On 2/8/2020 at 8:32 PM, Pariah said:

You know, I think you may be onto something here. Maybe later this year we can do a Rogues Gallery draft. One hero, with five or six villains to oppose. The villains plot how to destroy, discredit, or otherwise get the hero out of the way so they can carry out their criminal activities undisturbed.

This idea has real potential....

On 2/8/2020 at 10:25 PM, Bazza said:

I got another idea. 

41 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Maybe my Breakfast Club will destroy your Breakfast Club.  It's on, homes.

;)

This is what I get for participating in a short month Superdraft and assuming I won't get sniped because the field isn't crowded.  Great minds think alike...

More than ten years ago, when we started to hold these monthly, or at least when Logan started to hold them monthly, and after the first 3* of them, I had an idea. I still haven't written it up, sadly. But the above posts are the closest to expressing it. *Solomon's original, the 2nd was Villains by Log IIRC, and the 3rd was run by Doc Shadow. 

In short is it player vs player. No villains, as the opposing player's characters ARE your adversaries. You are competing against them. The easiest way to see if this was viable was to use the Middle Earth setting, with one player on the side of Gandalf and the other on the side of Sauron. The location would be 'shared' so two players could pick it, one from each side (so multiple locations). This evolved into a pennant style game with the players on Team Gandalf competing against Team Sauron to determine who wins Middle Earth. The poll at the end would determine the individual winner, and the Team winner (maybe there is two polls).

But it has been now more than ten years and I still haven't committed to writing it up in a way that it can be played. Maybe this year...

Or, taking our Breakfast Clubs to the next level, and have Logan revive the Arena Games with a school varsity competition (Shermer High School, Ridgemont High, Hogwarts, Sunnydale High School, Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, Atlas Academy, etc). #SuperdraftMusing    

The average human mind cannot even begin to comprehend the intricacies of quantum physics in regards to dimensional mechanics. The exceptional human mind, properly trained and educated, can scratch the surface of possibilities and still wander clueless in anything more concrete than  theoretical guesswork. 

Brainiac 5 ? He realized he was in the wrong reality as well as the wrong time in less than 50 Earth seconds.

He noticed Aquaman, of course, but there was no recognition in the Atlantean King's eyes, meaning all their prior meetings did not exist for this version of Aquaman, or perhaps that some form of Chronal erasure had occurred.

"Oh dear god I'm too intelligent to believe in, what is the crisis this time?" He had been in the middle of an experiment. "So help me, if it's the Anti-Monitor again I'm going to find a way to put HIM in a bottle."

The Smart Guy: Brainiac 5

250px-Brainiac5.jpg

1 hour ago, Bazza said:

Or, taking our Breakfast Clubs to the next level, and have Logan revive the Arena Games with a school varsity competition (Shermer High School, Ridgemont High, Hogwarts, Sunnydale High School, Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, Atlas Academy, etc). #SuperdraftMusing    

Interesting.  Might move this to the 2020 Superdraft Thread for further musing.

"You must rest. Besides this is the last of the really big pieces of Tower to be cleared away"

The muscular man grunted and responded "Still more work to do."

"Even YOU get tired, Heracles. If you were at your full powers, I couldn't have caught up to you even if you were lugging that piece of wall."

"I can keep going" "Perhaps. But the sun is about to set, and if you work through the night, mortal workers will insist on following your example. If you do not stop and rest for the night, two of them will perish of exhaustion by the morning."

They had come to the field where the rubble was being collected. Heracles tossed the enormous piece of masonry and it flew twenty cubits before crashing to rest. He turned to his companion. "You have Seen this, Pythia?" She nodded. "Then I will rest." The two of them turned their steps towards the palace.

The Big Guy: Heracles, son of Zeus

The Smart Guy: Pythia the original Oracle of Delphi

Lucius Alexander

The tagline: A palindromedary