Do you go to gaming conventions and run HERO?

dsatow

Do you go to gaming conventions and run HERO?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you go to gaming conventions and run HERO?

• Yes
    • No

Not nearly often enough.

Guy was advertising free GenCon attendance for GMs willing to run City of Heroes related adventures.  Was going to run t a team saving DATA's digital archives from Arachnos thieves, through zone-wide disasters, ending at in Peregrine Island, where the DATA core goes through a Portal, and the PCs wake up seven years later...

Wanted to run an Avengers game, Loki Unbound, where the Avengers find out what happened after Loki disappeared with the Tesseract and usurped Thanos' quest for himself to bring about Ragnarok...

... sigh.

18 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Do I go to what now? 

Oh, right.  Gaming conventions.  Those things that occur on the entire other side of the continent from where I live.  Damn.  I had forgotten about those..... 

Which side of the continent are you on?

13 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

Southeast USA: the best part.  :lol:

Don't mention dragoncon.  I think we all know why I support that particular boycott. 

There are a lot of cons from a google search. (Sorry, used Florida as a location for the search if you are not from Florida.  You can probably just change the state in the url for your state.)

https://fancons.com/events/schedule.php?year=2020&type=gaming&loc=usFL

https://www.upcomingcons.com/cons/state/florida

3 hours ago, dsatow said:

There are a lot of cons from a google search. (Sorry, used Florida as a location for the search if you are not from Florida

Two things:  I live in the _best_ part of the southeast. 

Florida is not the South.  Not by any stretch of the imagination.  :lol:   

I don't go to Florida for the same reason I don't go to Atlanta:  I do not like to leave the south. 

On 2/11/2020 at 4:28 PM, Ninja-Bear said:

Kids and family, who has time? Btw I’m in PA so I don’t think there are a lot of conventions around me.

https://fancons.com/events/schedule.php?year=2020&type=gaming&loc=usPA

Might only be Betacon in Scranton East - Dunmore.  

One is a board game convention in Champion, PA. :)

PS: Whatever you do, don't do what one guy I heard did at Dundracon.  He told his wife they were going to vacation in Northern California near San Francisco at really good hotel rates.  He came up, brought his two kids with them, and then attended the Con.  I heard he got chewed out and missed the next few cons but came to an agreement with his wife (that wasn't a divorce) and now attends regularly. :lol:

Been out of the loop for 15 years. Used to run a lot of pick up games at cons. Fantasy Hero, Cyberpunk, occasionally Tri-Tac, but Inhavent been to a gaming con in maybe 18   years?  Going to one on Saturday, but I am so rusty , and Inhave nothing prepared. I will see how it goes. If it’s good I may GM someday, but it helped to have a regular weekly group, but Indont have a face to face local. Just 5e on Roll 20’on Saturday’s. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Ruggels said:

Been out of the loop for 15 years. Used to run a lot of pick up games at cons. Fantasy Hero, Cyberpunk, occasionally Tri-Tac, but Inhavent been to a gaming con in maybe 18   years?  Going to one on Saturday, but I am so rusty , and Inhave nothing prepared. I will see how it goes. If it’s good I may GM someday, but it helped to have a regular weekly group, but Indont have a face to face local. Just 5e on Roll 20’on Saturday’s. 

Last con I went too, it was just me and my dice.  Got to play. 

You heard that.  I got to PLAY.

Previously, I ran Champions at the two major game conventions here in the Omaha, NE, metro area, NukeCon held in the fall and PretzCon held in the spring for the past three or four years. Turnout has been consistently good at both venues. Most players have had previous experience with the Hero System in some form or another, but I've also had some brand new players sample it and enjoy the RPG scenarios.