Jump to content
Cassandra

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Recommended Posts

I'm one of those who thought Man of Steel was a pretty good movie, even though it had its faults. And the last couple of DCEU movies have at least been a fun way to spend an afternoon, if not works of cinematic art. Heck, I even enjoyed Justice League for what it was (i.e., not Batman v. Superman).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, death tribble said:

What is this ?

 

Cassandra actually likes something ahead of time ?

It must be an imposter !

Bring us back the real Cassandra !

 

You're thinking too much or not enough.

 

She said nothing about that bar being set high in regards to DCEU.

 

Edit: don't worry, if I ever get excited about a new movie, especially in regards to an established universe or remake.  Start buying up stocks for companies who make heaters,  the devil is going to be buying en masse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Iuz the Evil said:

The trailer's use of Blue Monday is fantastic. And the 1980s as a "new age of Wonder", plus shiny boots. Really seems fun, and I'm looking forward to it. 

 

 

One of two songs that could get me out on the dance floor was Blue Monday. So this is pushing the right buttons for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Matt the Bruins said:

I'd say it has a high bar set for that by its predecessor.

 

Now you're getting it.

 

I think this movie has the same basic plot of 1984's Supergirl, except with a lot more action.  It will be watchable and better then anything else the DCEU has managed but after Birds of Prey that won't be hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cassandra said:

 

Now you're getting it.

 

I think this movie has the same basic plot of 1984's Supergirl, except with a lot more action.  It will be watchable and better then anything else the DCEU has managed but after Birds of Prey that won't be hard.

After what?

 

:whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 3:54 PM, Matt the Bruins said:

I'm one of those who thought Man of Steel was a pretty good movie, even though it had its faults. And the last couple of DCEU movies have at least been a fun way to spend an afternoon, if not works of cinematic art. Heck, I even enjoyed Justice League for what it was (i.e., not Batman v. Superman).

 

Despite its flaws and an excessively long final battle.  I really enjoyed Man of Steel.

 

I've watched it 3 or 4 times now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seriously doubt that WW84 will be better than the first film. For one thing, it is set in the 1980s. Ugh. And the villain line-up looks incredibly lame, at least to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zslane said:

I seriously doubt that WW84 will be better than the first film. For one thing, it is set in the 1980s. Ugh. And the villain line-up looks incredibly lame, at least to me.

 

:tsk:  

 

:slap:

 

 

52 minutes ago, Scott Ruggels said:

I love the 80's!  The Music, the Movies, Reagan!  I also  like the cast for WW1984.  Prdro Pascal is a personal favorite.

 

:rockon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott Ruggels said:

I love the 80's!  The Music, the Movies, Reagan!  I also  like the cast for WW1984.  Prdro Pascal is a personal favorite.

 

Yeah, I grew up in the 80s, the only bad things were fashion and hairstyle.

 

well, and cocaine, but I was too young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2016 at 7:18 AM, Cassandra said:

Wonder Woman (2017) to be set in World War One!

 

Talk about no respect for the fans or the source material.

 

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) 
 

On 2/12/2020 at 5:49 AM, Cassandra said:

It will be considered the best DCEU movie ever.

 

Mmmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grew up in the 1980s too. The only things the 80s had going for it were music videos, (a handful of) really good movies, and the personal computer revolution. Everything else about the 80s, culturally speaking, sucked a**.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zslane said:

I grew up in the 1980s too. The only things the 80s had going for it were music videos, (a handful of) really good movies, and the personal computer revolution. Everything else about the 80s, culturally speaking, sucked a**.

I would disagree, but YMMV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...