Jump to content
Cassandra

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, zslane said:

I grew up in the 1980s too. The only things the 80s had going for it were music videos, (a handful of) really good movies, and the personal computer revolution. Everything else about the 80s, culturally speaking, sucked a**.

I'd disagree.  The 80s were fantastic. Especially when you were traveling a lot.  Up and down the eastern and western seaboard, Europe and Asia.  Man it was a blast. 

 

You did your job and expected everyone else to do the same.  People understood personal responsibility. 

 

We didn't make much money, but damn we had great times. 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Spence said:

I'd disagree.  The 80s were fantastic. Especially when you were traveling a lot.  Up and down the eastern and western seaboard, Europe and Asia.  Man it was a blast. 

 

You did your job and expected everyone else to do the same.  People understood personal responsibility. 

 

We didn't make much money, but damn we had great times. 

 

 

 

 

 

I was traveling a lot in the 80s as well, to game cons, either on my own dime, or working with game companies like R. Talsorian and others. Picking up a ton of music. Exploring the country. Just our of college, hitting clubs having a blast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zslane said:

I grew up in the 1980s too. The only things the 80s had going for it were music videos, (a handful of) really good movies, and the personal computer revolution. Everything else about the 80s, culturally speaking, sucked a**.

But Reagan was President.

Therefore if you hate the 80s, then you hate Reagan.

If you hate Reagan, then you hate America.

If you hate America, then you are a Communist.

QED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 2:52 AM, Starlord said:

It will only exceed the original if she transforms from Diana Prince to Wonder Woman by elegantly spinning around and around really fast.

 

If they do that I want to find out before I go see it so I can save my money.  Aside from Lynda Carter's, um, charisma let's say, that version of WW was awful.  I also hated the Hulk TV show.  He could barely lift cars and his wig was terrible.  There, I said it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, death tribble said:

But Reagan was President.

Therefore if you hate the 80s, then you hate Reagan.

If you hate Reagan, then you hate America.

If you hate America, then you are a Communist.

QED

 I would have to unironically agree.  Vicftory over Communism without firing a shot!😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, death tribble said:

But Reagan was President.

Therefore if you hate the 80s, then you hate Reagan.

If you hate Reagan, then you hate America.

If you hate America, then you are a Communist.

QED

Sound logic to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Armory said:

 

If they do that I want to find out before I go see it so I can save my money.  Aside from Lynda Carter's, um, charisma let's say, that version of WW was awful.  I also hated the Hulk TV show.  He could barely lift cars and his wig was terrible.  There, I said it.

 

I was real little when the Hulk tv show was on.  I would freak the hell out when he went green Lou Ferrigno.

 

Evidently, one of my high school friends also did, evidently his parents used it to there advantage, as when he was misbehaving would say "The Hulk is gonna get you".

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Badger said:

I was real little when the Hulk tv show was on.  I would freak the hell out when he went green Lou Ferrigno.

 

The transformation scenes were better than the rest of the show.  I could ignore a ton of bad acting and weak plots for a 30 second montage of glowing-eyed Banner hulking out.

 

I fondly recollect a scene were The Hulk rips out the jury seating section of a courthouse and rather than use decent camera work they showed the tennis shoes (painted hulk green) Ferrigno was wearing for safety.

 

I miss you 80s TV shows!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...