Reading Rainbow: the March 2020 Superdraft

Sociotard

True! Material, very, very dreadfully material I had been and am; but why would you say I am mad? My experiences had sharpened my priorities- not destroyed- not scattered them. Above all was my sense of reality acute. I knew all things to be either nonsense or the truth. I had traveled through both. How then, am I mad? Hearken, and observe how rationally, how reasonably I can tell you the whole story.

It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain; but once conceived, it haunted me day and night. Narnia? There was none! Magic, there was none. I loved the old lion. He had never wronged me. When he took my siblings he kindly let me behind. For his power I had no desire. I think it was his holiness. He had the aura unnatural, a goodness of spirituality that could not, should not exist. Whenever it fell upon me, my shame at my selfishness rose; and so, by degrees- very gradually- I made up my mind to take the life of the old lion, and thus free myself of his holiness forever and purge all such spiritual twaddle by arrow most solid. It was the 'gentle' thing to do.

-Excerpt From Susan's Diary

Character: Susan Pevensie (First appeared in the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe)

34c061df42e1ae0113d1472f44434916.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sociotard said:

Question: Some of you have specified "protagonist" or "enemy". Would you like me to customize that line on the roster? So instead of just "character" it could be as specific as you like?

Not necessary, unless you find you have nothing better to do.

That's my 2¢.

21 hours ago, Hermit said:

True! Material, very, very dreadfully material I had been and am; but why would you say I am mad? My experiences had sharpened my priorities- not destroyed- not scattered them. Above all was my sense of reality acute. I knew all things to be either nonsense or the truth. I had traveled through both. How then, am I mad? Hearken, and observe how rationally, how reasonably I can tell you the whole story.

It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain; but once conceived, it haunted me day and night. Narnia? There was none! Magic, there was none. I loved the old lion. He had never wronged me. When he took my siblings he kindly let me behind. For his power I had no desire. I think it was his holiness. He had the aura unnatural, a goodness of spirituality that could not, should not exist. Whenever it fell upon me, my shame at my selfishness rose; and so, by degrees- very gradually- I made up my mind to take the life of the old lion, and thus free myself of his holiness forever and purge all such spiritual twaddle by arrow most solid. It was the 'gentle' thing to do.

-Excerpt From Susan's Diary

Character: Susan Pevensie (First appeared in the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe)

34c061df42e1ae0113d1472f44434916.jpg

At first I hated this because I should have thought of her, but you have inspired me in a different direction. In fact, I may have a plot now because of this. 

8 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

At first I hated this because I should have thought of her, but you have inspired me in a different direction. In fact, I may have a plot now because of this. 

Well, that's a relief. I was worried it would have to be me that had a plot this time. Whew :D

*Goes back to winging it*