Poll: Five Man Band (The February 2020 Superdraft)

Pariah

Choose your three favorite stories!  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your three favorite stories!

• The Appalachian Trail
    • Ash vs. Chthulu vs. Glory
    • The Breakfast Club
    • The Brick Fist Club
    • Three Card Jedi
    • The Union of the Snake in: The Tower Must Rise Again
    • The Weirdos of Wildwood
    • What Ever Happened to Captain Atlantis?
    • Where, When, and Now

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/2020 at 06:59 AM

Pick your three favorites. For reference, here are the stories (Spoilered for verbosity).

The Appalachian Trail 

The Leader: John the Balladeer
The Lancer: Old Nathan
The Big Guy: Hellboy
The Smart Guy: Jules de Grandin

The Heart: Jennifer Kale

Support: John Constantine

Adversary: One Other

Adversary: Dormammu

Ash vs. Chthulu vs. Glory

The Leader: Ash Williams 
The Lancer: Marge Gunderson
The Big Guy: Twisty (American Horror Story)
The Smart Guy: Egon Spengler

The Heart: Gizmo (Gremlins)

Support: Lorraine Warren (The Conjuring) 

Adversary: Chthulu 

Adversary: Glory (Buffy)

Option: The Darkhold

Option: 1958 Plymouth Fury (Christine)

The Breakfast Club

The Leader: Donna Troy 
The Lancer: Mary "Mary Marvel" Batson
The Big Guy: M'gann "Miss Martian" M'orzz
The Smart Guy: Gwen "Spider Gwen" Stacy

The Heart: Kamala "Ms. Marvel" Khan 

Support: Professor X

Adversary: Gorilla Grodd

Adversary: Rhino

Option: Cerebro

Option: "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds

The Brick Fist Club

The Leader: Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond)
The Lancer: Ellie Phimister (Deadpool)
The Big Guy: M, a/k/a Monet Yvette Clarisse Maria Therese St. Croix
The Smart Guy: Amadeus Cho

The Heart: Nico Minoru

Support: Carl Spackler, the Groundskeeper (Caddyshack)

Adversary: J. Jonah Jameson

Adversary: Dolores Umbridge

Three Card Jedi

The Leader: Peter Quill
The Lancer: Jayne Cobb 
The Big Guy: Ka D'Argo
The Smart Guy: Naomi Nagata

The Heart: Baby Yoda

Support: The Doctor (Voyager)

Adversary: Harcort Fenton "Harry" Mudd

Adversary: The Ori (SG-1)

Option: Rocinante (starship, The Expanse)

Option: Ferengi

The Union of the Snake in: The Tower Must Rise Again 

The Leader: Gilgamesh, the First Hero
The Lancer: Nimrod, the mighty hunter
The Big Guy: Heracles, son of Zeus 
The Smart Guy: Pythia, the original Oracle of Delphi 

The Heart: Enkidu, from the Epic of Gilgamesh. 

Support: Python, the Titan who empowered Pythia 

Adversary: The Anunaki

Adversary: The Olympians 

The Weirdos of Wildwood

The Leader: The Spirit
The Lancer: Plastic Man
The Big Guy: Robot Archie
The Smart Guy: Detective Chimp

The Heart: Venus (Marvel Comics)

Support: Rex the Wonder Dog

Adversary: Professor Hugo Strange

Adversary: Ultron

Option: Dinosaurs

Option: A young boy named Timmy

What Ever Happened to Captain Atlantis?

Location: Newfoundland (the Tip of Atlantis that didn't sink)

The Leader: Aquaman (Arthur Curry / Orin)
The Lancer: Namor the Sub-Mariner
The Big Guy: Alex Summers
The Smart Guy: Brianiac 5

The Heart: Nelvana of the Northern Lights

Support: Scott Pilgrim

Adversary: Ursula, the Sea Witch

Option: George Orr (Lathe of Heaven)

Where, When, and Now

The Leader: Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Starfleet
The Lancer: Commander Susan Ivanova, Earthforce
The Big Guy: Sergeant Juan "Johnny" Rico, Mobile Infantry
The Smart Guy: Major Samantha "Sam" Carter, USAF

The Heart: Pa'u Zotoh Zhaan

Support: General Leia Organa (Team Mom)

Adversary: Servalan

Adversary: Peacekeepers

Option: The Millennium Falcon

Option: The Gateway ("The City On the Edge of Forever")

The Union of the Snake in: The Tower Must Rise Again

In the hours after the fall of the Tower, the two kings seemed to be almost everywhere at once, comforting the wounded, directing the actions of the soldiers, arranging a central station where those seeking missing relatives and friends could check in, and the hardest task of all, talking to the grief stricken.Finally they both clambered onto the wreckage and ascended to where they could  see the overall situation and perhaps more importantly be seen by all.

"HEAR ME!" bellowed the High King, and the people fell silent and turned to look up. "Hear now our words!" and then the local king began to speak. "My beloved people! I am certain many of you are asking, 'How did this happen?' And I wish you to know the truth. There was a strict rule forbidding fire in the grain storage part of the tower, even so much as a candle, for the same reasons such a rule is often instituted in mills - flour or grain in the air is combustible, and mills have been destroyed by so much as a spark being struck in such an atmosphere. But this was no accident! It was human malice! Evil men deliberately both scattered the flour into the air and set fire to it, uncaring if they lost their own lives, so long as they could wreak destruction. I know for in my descent from the top, before the tower collapsed, I encountered one of the villains blinded but still alive, and he boasted of the act before dying in my arms, ignorant of who he had confessed to."

There were murmurs from the crowd at this. Many cried out "What about the lightning?" or "It was a judgment from the Gods!"

"Lightning has struck the Tower many times!" cried the king, "If lightning could bring down the Tower it would never have risen half so high!" And the High King added "Lightning always strikes the tallest thing around, and around here, that was the Tower." Then he went on "And if the Gods have judged the Tower, what of it! I am Gilgamesh, and I have slain the Bull of Heaven! And yet for all the curses of Ishtar, here I stand! And if my brother king will accept my aid, I will help to build this Tower again!"

"Gilgamesh is two thirds God!" cried a voice from the crowd, "Easy enough for HIM to stand defiant!" "HEAR ME!" roared Gilgamesh, "I do not stand defiant because I am two thirds God, but because I am one third Man! It is Men, not Gods, that could build a Tower like this! Look upon yourselves and be amazed, for it is you that raised this Tower, and if you have the will, shall raise it again, and again if need be! There is in you a power to create greater than all the forces of destruction in the world!" The other king, Nimrod, now spoke again: "I swear to you my people that this Tower will rise again! Who swears with me?" And all the soldiers raised their voices and soon it seemed all the people were crying out "The Tower will rise again!" The Two Kings clasped hands and began to carefully climb down from their pile of rubble. There was so much work to be done...

"You must rest. Besides this is the last of the really big pieces of Tower to be cleared away"

The muscular man grunted and responded "Still more work to do."

"Even YOU get tired, Heracles. If you were at your full powers, I couldn't have caught up to you even if you were lugging that piece of wall."

"I can keep going" "Perhaps. But the sun is about to set, and if you work through the night, mortal workers will insist on following your example. If you do not stop and rest for the night, two of them will perish of exhaustion by the morning."

They had come to the field where the rubble was being collected. Heracles tossed the enormous piece of masonry and it flew twenty cubits before crashing to rest. He turned to his companion. "You have Seen this, Pythia?" She nodded. "Then I will rest." The two of them turned their steps towards the palace.

**********************************************************************************

The Very Hairy Man stopped and looked for a moment. The man he was looking at was just sitting, but somehow it didn't seem he was stopped for a moment's rest. The way he held his head in his hands suggested either deep exhaustion or overwhelming sadness. The hairy man set down the block he was carrying and sat on it next to the sitting man. "Are you okay?" he asked, "Do you need water maybe?" The sitting man looked up revealing a tear stained face. "No I'm just......I was there when some of the bodies were uncovered."

"Oh" said the Hairy Man, and waited. He knew the condition some of those bodies had been in.
"They were CRUSHED!" said the mourning one, "their entrails were.....everywhere." The Hairy Man put a hand on the shoulder of the distressed one. "That's a hard thing to see, even for a hardened warrior" said the Hairy Man. "My wife," said the distressed one, "she used to work in the Tower as a clerk. I keep seeing her face on those bodies..." In some alarm the Hairy Man asked "Your wife is okay, right? Wasn't in the Tower when it went down?" "She is okay, but I keep thinking of what could have been...." "Stop thinking of that. Go home and take the rest of the day off and see your wife and KNOW she's okay. I'll talk to the foreman, he'll listen to me." The man in such distress looked at the Hairy Man and asked "Who ARE you anyway? And why do I feel a little better just for having talked to you?" "I am Enkidu" said Enkidu, "The companion of Gilgamesh. If the foreman won't listen to me, I'll get His Majesty on his case." The distressed man actually smiled at that. "Let's go talk to the foreman then and then I'm going to go see my wife."

Lucius Alexander

My tagline: a palindromedary of course

I actually ran a savage worlds supers game (Ash vs Orcus; or Army of Darkness: Throne of Bloodstone) at 2 conventions last year and then converted it into HERO for my local group that featured the following:

1) Ash Williams (leader)

2) Peter Venkman (comic relief)

3) Hellboy (big guy)

4) John Constantine (lancer)

5) Hermione (brains)

6) Buffy (chick)

2 hours ago, grandmastergm said:

I actually ran a savage worlds supers game (Ash vs Orcus; or Army of Darkness: Throne of Bloodstone) at 2 conventions last year and then converted it into HERO for my local group that featured the following:

1) Ash Williams (leader)

2) Peter Venkman (comic relief)

3) Hellboy (big guy)

4) John Constantine (lancer)

5) Hermione (brains)

6) Buffy (chick)

Also hit tip to Dave Mattingly for giving me the inspiration to run it.

Orcus was the "big boss" with Lo Pan, Beetlejuice, and Freddy Krueger as the lesser bosses.  Lo Pan was killed by Buffy, Beetlejuice and Krueger were killed by Venkman, and Orcus was killed by Hermione and Constantine combining efforts.

Okay, folks, we have our winner! Leading the vote total, despite perhaps the most extraordinary case of sniping ever witnessed in the history of the Superdraft, is....

:celebrate The Brick Fist Club by Old Man! :celebrate

Our three runners up include:

The Breakfast Club by Bazza

The Union of the Snake in: The Tower Must Rise Again by Lucius

Whatever Happened to Captain Atlantis? by Hermit

Thank you one and all for playing!