Favorite agent tropes

dsatow

What agent do you like beating up when playing in a Champions game?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What agent type do you like beating up when playing in a Champions game?

• Ninjas! Red, Blue, Pink, Green, Yellow. The color doesn't matter as long as they are ninjas!
    • Cultists! Whether they believe in Cthulhu or the end of the world, religious nut jobs make me want to roll to hit!
    • Mobsters! This is why I stalk the streets at night. Criminals are a cowardly and stupid lot and they need to fear me!
    • Hyper intelligent gorillas! I saw Planet of the Apes! Beware of Caesar.
    • Robots! They are our true masters. All hail Mechanon!
    • Obsessively fixated agents. Why just work for the Penguin when you can dress like one and be named after birds!
    • The mole people. Probably the only agents with tunneling.
    • Aliens. They villains are out there!
    • Sexy thong wearing agents. As long as you got a picture of the agents ...
    • Hi Tech agents. They have to do the crime to pay for all that gear!
    • Undead/Demon horde/Monster horde. Bring them on! Stormbringer thirsts for blood.
    • Mob of innocents. You can't punch them unless they are a mob of S&M innocents. And then, are they really innocents?

I am curious what style agents people feel like are the best agents to trounce.  I am leaving off Nazi/Facists because the last time I had a poll similar to this, they won by a 2/3rds margin.  I also added multiple choice, so vote for the ones you like to fight if given a choice.  Not that you will fight any agents because this is a Champions game.

Depends on the character types and the arc we are doing.  Martial artist in a far eastern mystic arc, NINJAs.  When you want to cut loose and not worry about a possible body count, ROBOTs.  Mastermind who want to take over the world, AGENTs.  So it all depends on the feel you want for the arc you are doing!

OK, before we go down this retread, say you have a choice of ALL GENRES and you have a CHARACTER APPROPRIATE FOR EACH GENRE.  The GM in each GENRE is the BEST GM possible for that GENRE.  You can only play in ONE game and the agents are in that game.  Which do you choose?

Also note, that you can choose multiple options in this thread.  So if you like fighting alien robotic ninja cultist from underneath the earth.  Choose them all.

Also, I am not asking what you like to run, but like to oppose in a game as a player.  I don't believe everyone wants to fight against every villain's agent type out there.  Some are very tedious or overly done, they have become boring to me.  At least one of the answers should illicit a question from some people of "Why am I in a game like this?".

Nazis, always Nazis.  There is nothing better on God’s green Earth than pounding the everliving snot out of a bunch of those scumbags.  Followed a close second by Klansmen.

Do you know why Klansmen wear those hoods?   So you can’t see their heads are pointed.

Do you know why Klansmen wear those long robes?  So nobody can see their wearing dresses.

My favorite type of agent to beat up in a Champions game isn't on that list: high-techers. Blasters. Jet-packs. Cheap powered exo-skeletons. Preferably wearing colorful uniforms. Classic super-hero cannon-fodder. Kinda like this:

From the list above, I'd have to say, Cultists. Usually fanatical and irredeemably evil, so nearly as gratifying to smash as Nazis. Plus their Special Effects are typically more supernatural, so make a nice change-of-pace from the high-techers.

Alien agents mean aliens are allowed in this Champions campaign and I might be allowed to play one for a concept! SO many GMs are liike 'ugh' about them So that's a good sign

Hard not to love punching a mobster. Something about slapping guide named Nunzio just makes you feel old school. Bonus points if they're actually wearing trilbys

And Robots are often guilt free for slaughter fest. ... I mean 'mere automatons' so no one is hurt...

"R2, I'm dying"

"Quiet you!"

1 hour ago, wcw43921 said:

I went with sexy thong wearing (female) agents, because I've been itching to try out my new hypno-beam pistol that will induce them to surrender to me and become my adoring, obedient--friends.  Yeah, that's it.  Friends.

(Whew!  Almost said too much again.  .  .)

"Almost" said too much? Riiight. Just keep telling yourself that... :rolleyes:

Went with robots...cuz then you get to totally cut loose, and that CVK does not come into play!  You bought that AP RKA to use!  And cultists.  The fanatical types.  Yeah, the CVK is in play but they're not gonna stop, so......if the occasional one dies, well, no one's gonna mourn very much.

4 hours ago, Hermit said:

Hard not to love punching a mobster. Something about slapping guide named Nunzio just makes you feel old school. Bonus points if they're actually wearing trilbys

Guy’s named Nunzio don’t wear trilby hats anymore, they wear ugly a$$ track suits.

I put down 

1) Ninjas.  For those times when an inscrutable Eastern Mastermind tries to take over the world

2) Robots.  Their not evil, they are just draw.....errr programmed that way.  Which makes for very little bad feelings when you turn them to scrap

3) Hi tech Agents.  They are classics.  Can't go wrong with a classic.

4) Monster horde.  Much like the robots.  You rarely have to feel bad stopping a Formor invasion force!

For many years, in our campaign, we've used the old Turtle Armor stats for occasional hi-tech agents to fight. In our game, the company that made them - DanCo - went out of business and the suits were taken by many supervillains for their own purposes. Free upgraded agents is the thought of the villains. Considering the rifles can do a 12d6 Energy Blast (Blast - 6th ed), that's a considerable upgrade.

5 hours ago, Tech said:

For many years, in our campaign, we've used the old Turtle Armor stats for occasional hi-tech agents to fight. In our game, the company that made them - DanCo - went out of business and the suits were taken by many supervillains for their own purposes. Free upgraded agents is the thought of the villains. Considering the rifles can do a 12d6 Energy Blast (Blast - 6th ed), that's a considerable upgrade.

Steve Long created a neat little $1 PDF updating the Turtle Armor concept for Sixth Edition: S.M.A.S.H. Armor.

packages-0940922001434000787.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 12:26 AM, Tjack said:

Nazis, always Nazis.  There is nothing better on God’s green Earth than pounding the everliving snot out of a bunch of those scumbags.  Followed a close second by Klansmen.

Do you know why Klansmen wear those hoods?   So you can’t see their heads are pointed.

Do you know why Klansmen wear those long robes?  So nobody can see their wearing dresses.

Yeah, why weren't Nazis on the list ?

Beating up Nazis is always good.