Favorite agent tropes

dsatow

What agent do you like beating up when playing in a Champions game?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What agent type do you like beating up when playing in a Champions game?

• Ninjas! Red, Blue, Pink, Green, Yellow. The color doesn't matter as long as they are ninjas!
    • Cultists! Whether they believe in Cthulhu or the end of the world, religious nut jobs make me want to roll to hit!
    • Mobsters! This is why I stalk the streets at night. Criminals are a cowardly and stupid lot and they need to fear me!
    • Hyper intelligent gorillas! I saw Planet of the Apes! Beware of Caesar.
    • Robots! They are our true masters. All hail Mechanon!
    • Obsessively fixated agents. Why just work for the Penguin when you can dress like one and be named after birds!
    • The mole people. Probably the only agents with tunneling.
    • Aliens. They villains are out there!
    • Sexy thong wearing agents. As long as you got a picture of the agents ...
    • Hi Tech agents. They have to do the crime to pay for all that gear!
    • Undead/Demon horde/Monster horde. Bring them on! Stormbringer thirsts for blood.
    • Mob of innocents. You can't punch them unless they are a mob of S&M innocents. And then, are they really innocents?

46 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Yeah, why weren't Nazis on the list ?

Beating up Nazis is always good.

You didn't read the first message.  I had Nazis on a post a while back and they won by taking nearly 2/3rds the vote.  I wanted more data, so that's why Nazis aren't on the list.

Personally I'm bored with Nazis. They're a cliche.

The poll has a pretty good spread among the various types. Robots have held a small but consistent lead for awhile now. I guess the fact you (usually) don't have to feel guilty over busting them up makes them appealing.

Now, robot Nazis? That I could get behind. :D

On 3/27/2020 at 6:55 PM, Lord Liaden said:

Personally I'm bored with Nazis. They're a cliche.

The poll has a pretty good spread among the various types. Robots have held a small but consistent lead for awhile now. I guess the fact you (usually) don't have to feel guilty over busting them up makes them appealing.

Now, robot Nazis? That I could get behind. :D

Hmmmm....Take one part Arim Zola, (ghost in the machine version)from Winter Soldier.   Add one part automated Iron Legion construction lines from Age of Ultron. Season with images of the droid army from Star Wars Ep.1 goose-stepping.  
   Shake well, bake at 350 while watching a Terminator marathon....and you have The Steel Reich!! 

Combat mech’s, Infiltrators, Drone Tanks, Computer programs manipulating the ‘net to incite racial and class warfare,  all dedicated to the rise of the Once and Future Reich!

Anybody wants to use this, have fun.    I think I scared myself.

1 hour ago, BNakagawa said:

Nazis are making a comeback, so maybe they're not as old hat as you might think. Also, they're still top tier for guilt-free agent smashing.

1 hour ago, Gnome BODY (important!) said:

I'm regrettably in a group where we can't have Nazis without two particular people sidetracking into loud anger about current politics. 

Nazis never left, but as GBI notes, they've wormed their way back into the mainstream political discussion, albeit under different guises.

One of my favorite agents moments...of the mobster variety from JLU: "Double Date" Episode

Cecil: "But how come when I make the scones, they don't got that good flavor like yours, Tony? "
Tony: "Do I have to tell you again how you gotta add the orange zest, Cecil? You gonna make me give you the recipe again, huh? You're killing me here, Cecil! Killing me! "
[rustling in the bushes] 
Cecil: " I heard something." 
Tony: "Shut up, Cecil. I'm trying to listen. "
Cecil: "Why you gotta be so mean all the time, Tony? I'm always nice to you. "
Tony: "You're killing me, Cecil! "

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 2:19 PM, dsatow said:

I am curious what style agents people feel like are the best agents to trounce.  I am leaving off Nazi/Facists because the last time I had a poll similar to this, they won by a 2/3rds margin.  I also added multiple choice, so vote for the ones you like to fight if given a choice.  Not that you will fight any agents because this is a Champions game.

I voted Ninja, but really it's all of the above.

On 3/10/2020 at 10:19 AM, Lord Liaden said:

Steve Long created a neat little $1 PDF updating the Turtle Armor concept for Sixth Edition: S.M.A.S.H. Armor.

Dammit!! I am a bit frosted RL about just hearing about this. Steve and I were both members of Aaron Alston’ “Rogues Gallery”, Hero system APa back in the 90’s  He later became editor when Aaron stepped down. I sugared a write up in RG of my favorite Champions character after, following on of Aaron’s prompts. The he Character was a military powered armored suit named Sgt. S. M. A. S. H. It stood for Suit, Man Amplification, Standard, Heavy. A member of two Bay Area based super team. He’s free to use this, as it is just an RPG character, nothing was ever registered, but I am miffed. That’s all.