Dice-rolling app?

Tedology

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anybody uses a dice (randomizing) app instead of actual dice when playing Champions. Seems like it could save room/time.

Don't get me wrong, I love rolling dice, but I'm just curious if anybody goes 'new school'. And I'm also wondering if it's truly as random as with good ol'-fashioned dice.

And don't tell @Duke Bushido about this post. I just read how much he loves dice!  ;)

Herosystem Mobile has a Die Roller that works well.  The best Die Roller though is probably the one in Brenall's Tabletop Simulator Module for Hero system that he's working on, as it's physics based, so it's probably more random that the pseudo-random number generators. His also calculates body and stun.

20 minutes ago, Scott Ruggels said:

Herosystem Mobile has a Die Roller that works well.  The best Die Roller though is probably the one in Brenall's Tabletop Simulator Module for Hero system that he's working on, as it's physics based, so it's probably more random that the pseudo-random number generators. His also calculates body and stun.

Thank you, @Scott Ruggels. I'll have to look for that. I appreciate your help!

1 hour ago, Scott Ruggels said:

Being "physics based" doesn't make something "more random" unless it's using a better source of randomness than a PRNG.  It might make it less random, if players have tight control over how they throw the dice. 

If you want really random you need a TRNG, like random.org. 

Posted in the past, but the Die Roller from HERO Central:

dieRoller.html

Instructions included onscreen.

As far as TRNG vs PRNG, PRNG is all you need -- you're not dealing with cryptography, you're mimicking dice.  Dice are not a source of random numbers....they're not even a good replacement for a PRNG.