Coronavirus

Steve

Astral is already a free service, but it has a ton of extra features and content that you can access with a Pro account. All of those Pro features are now free to you and your gaming group through the end of April.

How Do I Try It Out for Free?

Just visit Astral (https://www.astraltabletop.com/) and sign up for your free account. You will automatically have all Pro features unlocked. There’s no catch. There’s no credit card to enter and nothing to cancel later. You won’t be billed anything.

And, as usual, I see no mention of Hero System support. How many times do I have to tell these people, "make it work for Hero, and there isn't a game system out there it won't work for."

Wow.  On a completely different forum, someone made a comment that made me do a bit of digging about the number of cases in Switzerland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Switzerland

I draw your attention to the table in the middle of the article.

As of March 10th...total number of cases, 480.

Over the next 3 days, number of new cases:  645.

Prepare for another round of shocks fairly soon, as test kit supplies start ramping up.  They have been critically short.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing-in-us.html

So as of today, 13,000 people have been tested.  That's all.  Problems with payment, problems with supply, problems with overly restrictive regulations...well part of the President's speech was that these were being swept away.  So...expect that over the next, say, week to 10 days, the number of people tested will rise.

And with that...the number of cases identified.

3 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

Have to disagree on pork (I actually ate pork chops for supper tonight).

Edit:  Also proof my area is really panicking, only one Dasani pack was left last night.  :jawdrop:

(personally I don't understand bottled water, I drink flavored waters-mostly what I drink actually, but straight-up water, I just don't care much for if there is an option)

6 hours ago, Sociotard said:

Just informed my mother in law that we will not visit in her house for the near future. She and my father in law are very at risk (old + diabetes + other underlying medical issues). There is no way I can really avoid bringing in anything I or my family might have. I can't stop going to work, my kids can't stop going to school, so I'm confident we'll get it sooner or later.

Yeah, she's heartbroken.

I just cancelled visiting my Mom too, she is in her 80's and high on the risk table. 

Since flying there will put me into a pressurized metal tube breathing the same recycled air as the other 100-200+ passengers, I'd almost guarantee catching it.  And being 56 myself, I'm not exactly as robust on recovering from illness anymore either. 

I'm the one that lives on the other side of the country, my sister and most of my family are there.

Bummer though.

Yeah, I do worry for that, since I do live with my 70+ mother. 

Probably will avoid visiting my dad for a couple of weeks, since he isn't all that removed from heart problems (2 years ago).  And still has a bad foot from diabetes that has been slowly recovering for close to a year.

Schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties have closed. San Francisco schools are still open. More SAT tests scheduled for tomorrow and even ACT tests scheduled for next month have been cancelled. The last time I saw the nation in this state was during 9-11.

And over in Canada, my aunt in Toronto says weekend church services are cancelled.

17 minutes ago, tkdguy said:

Schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties have closed. San Francisco schools are still open. More SAT tests scheduled for tomorrow and even ACT tests scheduled for next month have been cancelled. The last time I saw the nation in this state was during 9-11.

And over in Canada, my aunt in Toronto says weekend church services are cancelled.

Schools in Sacramento and Woodland are all closed now as well. Farther north in the more rural area of the valley it looks like schools are still in session, but are being monitored. Universities down south are switching to remote classes only. I suspect by the end of next week, all of California is going to be shut down.

I was asked if I was okay with coming to work since we will still be open for now. I said I was willing. My company doesn't have the option to teach online. But if parents start keeping their kids home, I may end up losing hours of work. As it is, I only worked 2 hours today because of cancellations.

Hit the Costco with the kiddo today and picked up staples (milk, eggs, frozen food, etc.).

The bottled water and toilet paper section of Costco was a ginormous concrete bald spot.  There was nothing in an area generally piled up so high it is like a regular grocery aisle.

Luckily we picked up all that crap a few weeks ago, but people are being stupid.  You can't eat toilet paper folks!  Buy some canned goods, ffs.