Coronavirus

Steve

2 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Somewhere out there, there's a bunch of aliens watching us on hypervision like a remake of Married...with Children.

Either that, or it's a natural history sort of thing, and there's a voice-over by their version of David Attenborough describing the bizarre incompletely civilized race on Sol III.

I suppose I've passed a milestone -- my first Coronoavirus nightmare. I was awakened by a dream in which I found out a family member had passed from it, without my being there or even knowing they were sick. Which is entirely in the realm of possible events.

I did not get back to sleep, so if at some point today I mention fluorescent-orange four-winged penguins carrying four-inch-long dachshunds on their heads and playing the kazoo, you'll know why.

55 minutes ago, Cancer said:

Sigma Xi's collection of COVID-19 information

Full disclosure: I'm a member of Sigma Xi.

Bruh, come'on, Sigma Xi and the CCP is run by Xi Jinping.

In China surnames are first so Xi Sigma is obviously a relative of Xi Jinping's.  Then consider that Jinping means soley and sigma means sum.  Clearly they are the same!

Do you even conspiracy, bro?  :P

And I just had my first coronavirus nightmare. I received word that a family member had died and I had no0t been there for them. I hadn't even known. Nobody had told me.

It was so startling that I did not sleep again the rest of the night. I am having some health issues today and am seeing a practitioner this afternoon. But when I get there, I'm going to put a couple of emergency contacts on my file so that doesn't happen to me, because the thought of dying silent, alone, and friendless breaks my heart.