Coronavirus

Steve

I remember watching a television drama many years ago, in which the late great "little person" actor/singer Michael Dunn was playing a Martian visiting Earth. As is common for that type of story, the character was being used to reflect on Humanity. He wanted to learn everything about Earth as soon as possible, and the humans working with him expressed amazement at how rapidly he absorbed information.

"Individually we Martians are very quick-witted. It's only collectively that we're stupid."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/498375-trump-says-hes-been-taking-hydroxychloroquine?fbclid=IwAR2jfb4pW_rg4ilN7Wuggy8hkf9ma9h-NAH2eSjLANGnLNGNQsARJzhZCTI#.XsL4UOxupiQ.facebook

He claims this drug is some sort of miracle cure for Coronavirus, so essentially, he's admitting that he has the disease, but refuses to wear a mask.

Maybe he'll infect his entire administration.

2 minutes ago, BNakagawa said:

The WH has more coronavirus testing and treatment available than anywhere else in the U.S.  It's unlikely that any of them would die.  Trump's lungs could be overflowing with pus and they'd just put him on a membrane oxygenator.

44 minutes ago, BNakagawa said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/498375-trump-says-hes-been-taking-hydroxychloroquine?fbclid=IwAR2jfb4pW_rg4ilN7Wuggy8hkf9ma9h-NAH2eSjLANGnLNGNQsARJzhZCTI#.XsL4UOxupiQ.facebook

He claims this drug is some sort of miracle cure for Coronavirus, so essentially, he's admitting that he has the disease, but refuses to wear a mask.

If you believe reports from the White House, Trump doesn't have the virus or believes he has it. He's taking the drug proactively, to try to prevent catching the virus. Despite there being no evidence it offers any protection.

40 minutes ago, Old Man said:

The WH has more coronavirus testing and treatment available than anywhere else in the U.S.  It's unlikely that any of them would die.  Trump's lungs could be overflowing with pus and they'd just put him on a membrane oxygenator.

However, the drug he's taking can cause serious cardiac problems, so an MI is not improbable. Particularly given his age, weight, and diet.

50 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

If you believe reports from the White House, Trump doesn't have the virus or believes he has it. He's taking the drug proactively, to try to prevent catching the virus. Despite there being no evidence it offers any protection.

However, the drug he's taking can cause serious cardiac problems, so an MI is not improbable. Particularly given his age, weight, and diet.

Unless his doctor wrote a prescription for a placebo.

Donald Trump is a notorious liar. He may be lying about taking it.

That is what I hope for.

If he is getting a placebo when he demanded a treatment, the truth will come out, and fuel "deep state" conspiracy theories for generations. 

If he suffers a serious side effect, this will also fuel those conspiracy theories.

9 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

I remember watching a television drama many years ago, in which the late great "little person" actor/singer Michael Dunn was playing a Martian visiting Earth. As is common for that type of story, the character was being used to reflect on Humanity. He wanted to learn everything about Earth as soon as possible, and the humans working with him expressed amazement at how rapidly he absorbed information.

"Individually we Martians are very quick-witted. It's only collectively that we're stupid."

It sounds interesting, I don’t suppose you remember the name by any chance?

11 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

Unless his doctor wrote a prescription for a placebo.

Sometimes to be an effective worker you have to manage up the chain of command as well as down.

I'll admit that if you're on the Trump-bashy side of the political spectrum this is a VERY SOLID thing to bash him on.  Just, wow.

Meanwhile in Texas we had a pretty nasty spike up in cases after the re-opening, but it has dropped off substantially the last couple of days.  Total body count is about 1/3rd of a bad flu season but I suspect we'll see somewhere between double and triple the current number before it's over.

Anecdotally from my gas and food runs - mask wearing from workers is at a pretty good clip though among the customers it's dropped off to nearly none.  Not a great call, imo.  My family is still sporting our ninja masks.

I got to go to the ER this weekend due to a pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder and the hospital is aggressively screening at the ER entrance and mask usage is 100% mandatory for everyone.  And you have to use their masks.  Don't like it?  No service for you.

Texas Two Week Trend Tracker powered by COVID-19 free Foxes:

image.png.4efe4fbc6cd063710504580eb4f4cc2b.png

Rt has crept up from 0.87 to 0.88

image.png.0592c26d787452c85d5f18e45d9bc66f.png