Coronavirus

Steve

16 hours ago, Old Man said:

Priorities:

spacer.png

I hate to point it out, but the immediate danger of burning and looting vs. Viruses kind of has to be factored in.

This is situation I am on their side, and want to stay there. But hurting innocents and their livelihoods. Well frustrating,does more harm than good I feel

52 minutes ago, Old Man said:

I'll check back when the rioting death toll approaches 100000.

Wasn't the point rioting is immediate damage and affects everything in its path. This virus is hit and miss. The anti-lottery

The answer though is both maybe curfew

1 hour ago, unclevlad said:

How this is gonna be reconciled is impossible to say...because insurance companies can't cover bills like this, not for more than a fraction of people needing the coverage.

I also go...whoa...about $60K *per day*?  

Is 60k too low😪

So the month of May has wrapped up for Texas and ... the numbers are moving in a bad way after the re-opening.

Cases are way up and our Rt number creeped over 1.1 which is a bad thing.

image.png.712e3028659d4ca5cb5e25de9cb6f180.png

image.png.d6663f095454263c582f6e40fcfa0937.png

I'll say from my recent trips to the ER and hospital for my shoulder issue (old athletic injury caused a cyst which is now crushing one my nerves which both hurts constantly and partially paralyzes my left arm) that the hospital is not anywhere near overwhelmed.  The ER was all but empty both times I was there and wait times for diagnostics and my surgical scheduling were minimal.

So I'm going under the knife on Wednesday - wish me luck.  

16 minutes ago, ScottishFox said:

So the month of May has wrapped up for Texas and ... the numbers are moving in a bad way after the re-opening.

I'll say from my recent trips to the ER and hospital for my shoulder issue (old athletic injury caused a cyst which is now crushing one my nerves which both hurts constantly and partially paralyzes my left arm) that the hospital is not anywhere near overwhelmed.  The ER was all but empty both times I was there and wait times for diagnostics and my surgical scheduling were minimal.

Good luck. here in nc the rate kept climbing. At one point we were marking 50+ new cases a day

CES

2 hours ago, ScottishFox said:

If the ER etc is as empty as you have seen it might be safer than going grocery shopping.  Good luck SF...

3 hours ago, ScottishFox said:

First, good luck.

Second, that is about what I would expect to see in the chart.  We reopen and things go smooth.  Because the virus is asymptomatic for 10-14 days.  By then, many have decided we're reopened, life is back to normal, forget masks and social distancing.

My understanding is that the history of pandemics always sees a second wave worse than the first.  Sadly, history tends to repeat itself if we fail to learn from it...and we are, as a species, very slow learners.

Alberta moved to Phase 1 reopening last week, so I am concerned our graph is about 3 weeks behind yours.  Although we have managed to avoid the brunt of the virus to date.