Coronavirus

Steve

Well, apparently you can test positive and have a fever of 101.3 and not be sick enough for inpatient care. i got sent home from the hospital after a couple 4-5 hours of tests and since my bloodwork was good, oxygen was normal and lungs are clear, I just have to hydrate,  double up on vitamins and swallow Tylenol like candy. They did say come back if I developed any breathing issues.Apparently this is the least sick you can be without being totally asymptomatic.

1 hour ago, Grailknight said:

Well, apparently you can test positive and have a fever of 101.3 and not be sick enough for inpatient care. i got sent home from the hospital after a couple 4-5 hours of tests and since my bloodwork was good, oxygen was normal and lungs are clear, I just have to hydrate,  double up on vitamins and swallow Tylenol like candy. They did say come back if I developed any breathing issues.Apparently this is the least sick you can be without being totally asymptomatic.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Grailknight said:

Please be careful, there are plenty of instances of people crashing very quickly if it gets severe. Don’t wait around if you start to feel worse. 

“We’re way worse off as a country than we were in March when we shut this thing down. And look at where other developed countries are in their response to this. We haven’t done any of the things that other countries have done to bring sports back. Sports are like the reward of a functioning society. And we’re trying to just bring it back, even though we’ve taken none of the steps to flatten the curve.”

- Sean Doolittle, Washington Nationals pitcher 

12 hours ago, Grailknight said:

Take care!

We got a nasty surprise.

One of the local Wal-Marts...a well-positioned one, there's no competition for it in a high-growth area...had 4 people test positive.

State Environmental Department ordered them locked down until several measures (test EVERY employee, disinfect the whole store) were completed.  There...was some flak there;  it stayed open for several hours.  There might be reasons;  the most obvious is that the local store has to run that decision up the chain.  (Or chose to, as a stalling tactic.)  Story is that the cops came by and blockaded.

BUT...the advice is, anyone who'd shopped there since 22 June should get tested.  Believe me, that will be a LOT of people.

Fortunately, not me.  I really loathe Wal-Mart for many reasons;  I do sometimes use that one, tho.  BUT, I checked my credit card charges...none in that period to Wal-Mart.  So, *that* bullet dodged.

Several of my neighbors won't be so lucky.

And quite a few are not amused with how the store handled things.

An update...a more complete timeline about the Wal-Mart here.

State issues the closure order some time in the morning yesterday...not sure when. 

They don't close until 5:15...and someone said that was forced by the cops.  All things suggest this is true.

They disinfect the store overnight.  OK fine.  

They re-open in the morning.  WITHOUT completing other aspects, such as ensuring everyone is tested...which is part of the state's requirement to re-open.

This afternoon, the governor tweets they're breaking the law.

We shall see what can be done, but...I am definitely NOT going back there.  Period.