Coronavirus

Steve

Went through a whole cycle of getting sick early last week.  Right after visiting elderly parent.  It hit very hard, went to get tested... already largely feeling better, no idea on test results.  No idea if it spread, but doesn't look like it... will know around the time I get the results.  >_>

On 7/18/2020 at 3:13 PM, Badger said:

At this point since we will be in quarantine till 2048. I wonder if we should just undo the masks and get it over with

I hate to give you hell, but let me point out that your way of thinking will get at least 5-10% of the entire population hospitalized.

Please consider what that means.

1 hour ago, TrickstaPriest said:

I hate to give you hell, but let me point out that your way of thinking will get at least 5-10% of the entire population hospitalized.

Please consider what that means.

Sorry.  It was more me venting, really.  Last week was, especially brutal at work.

Just now, TrickstaPriest said:

Yeah, in hindsight what I should have said was "Don't give up".  You have my sympathies, things are -rough- right now.  Especially for my area.

Yeah, I seemed to have mostly bounced back.  When I think about it, having that type of moment tends to get my focus back on track.  I dont pretend that it makes complete sense.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Yeah, I seemed to have mostly bounced back.  When I think about it, having that type of moment tends to get my focus back on track.  I dont pretend that it makes complete sense.

Venting is helpful for some.  For others, its a pattern.

My state is doing pretty terribly.  The mis-reporting (or general laziness) on Florida's part is notable, but we'll have to see how much that changes.

One of my adult kid's in isolation at my home with covid. Another of my adult kids had it, in my home, back in April. I think I had it from Christmas until the end of February but they didn't have a test for it back then.

My wife was admitted to the hospital a few minutes ago. She has very severe breathing problems anyway and what she's experiencing now isn't any worse than she gets every couple of months. But they're keeping her because they want her close in case she dips suddenly or they get the covid test results back (no sooner than 2 days).

If she has covid, they're going to immediately give her plasma from someone who's already recovered in hopes that their antibodies will help her.

Very frustrating, on top of the anxiety, since we tried to take every precaution after we were pretty sure it would reach the US (masks, showers immediately upon coming home, clothes immediately in the laundry, no unnecessary contact with anyone at all). I'm one of those freaks who had a large box of masks in the back of my medicine cabinet just in case there might happen to be a pandemic someday and we took every reasonable (and some "unreasonable" precautions even before the experts said that they really were reasonable). 

I am looking forward to February since I'm sure that winter month will provide some relief.

5 hours ago, Starlord said:

spacer.png

This SO nails it to me, the absolutely BRAIN DEAD attitude of that last group of people.  The other argument seems to be rooted in toxic masculinity...one poster on a local social app said "I'm not gonna wear a mask, I'll go where I want, I don't live in fear."  Gawd, straight from the cave man days....

So...1 mill to 2 mill took 44 days, if I count right.  2 to 3, 29.  3 to 4...we passed 4M today...15.

And 

OMG

THIS IS IN THE NYT.

President Trump abruptly departed on Tuesday from his rosy projections about the coronavirus, warning Americans from the White House briefing lectern that the illness would get worse before widespread recovery.

“It will probably, unfortunately, get worse before it gets better,” Mr. Trump said. “Something I don’t like saying about things, but that’s the way it is.”

In his first virus-focused news conference in weeks, Mr. Trump appeared before reporters to defend his track record, which has been widely criticized for his tendency to downplay the severity of the pandemic. Appearing without Vice President Mike Pence, Dr. Deborah Birx or Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, key members of his White House coronavirus task force, Mr. Trump also implored citizens — especially young people — to wear masks.

“Get a mask,” said Mr. Trump, who has been reluctant to wear them in public himself. “Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact. They will have an effect and we need everything we can get.”

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!