Coronavirus

Steve

On 12/17/2020 at 8:51 PM, Hermit said:

Well, I've already gotten a hotel room.. (Which I plan to hose down wwith disinfectant etc) rather than staying at their house. They're upset by that, but it will be less cramped on top of everything else

EDIT: What works best was telling them that I hadfolks here in the other part of the state 'at risk'

I should be clear.. my folks are actually PRO mask .. IJust think Christmas if the final line for them

Update- My mom and dad actually called ...  they've thought about it, and talked to me.. and in a moment that I'm oddly proud of, are okay with me not coming over to their part of the state for Christmas. It'll wait till summer or whenver we can all get the shot. 

******** ON ANOTHER SUBJECT*************

Honestly, #$#$# like this makes me totally understand angry French peasants

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/rich-wealthy-coronavirus-vaccine-covid-americans-california-b1776549.html

50 minutes ago, Hermit said:

Honestly, #$#$# like this makes me totally understand angry French peasants

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/rich-wealthy-coronavirus-vaccine-covid-americans-california-b1776549.html

That’s actually good news, I thought for sure the wealthy would have been able to buy their way to the front of the vaccine line. 

Glad to hear your folks are staying safe, too. 

5 minutes ago, Old Man said:

That’s actually good news, I thought for sure the wealthy would have been able to buy their way to the front of the vaccine line. 

Glad to hear your folks are staying safe, too. 

pretty sure they will in a lot of states.

but I might be just cranky period there

And thanks!

27 minutes ago, tkdguy said:

This story confused and angered me when I first heard it

Stanford University excluded frontline workers from receiving vaccine

Who made this decision and why?

If only we had something like a national policy and national guidelines rather than throwing the vaccine out there and letting people come up with their own plans for distributing it fairly....

12 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Omigod. This is how some of the elites are going to justify getting the vaccine early. Setting a good example. :no:

That's always been written into the planning for COVID vaccinations. Even back during the first polio vaccinations, people like the Queen of England and Elvis had their vaccinations publicized in order to convince the public that getting the vaccination is safe.

12 hours ago, Old Man said:

I'm pretty sure our resident Tribbles aren't in the London area, but given the hypercontagious covid mutation that has evolved there, I hope he and his mum will continue to take the necessary precautions until they get vaccinated.

I say old chap !

Frightfully spiffing don't you know ?

If you are aware where that jolly ship the Mayflower sailed from, that is where the Tribble is now resident.

My part of the country is in Tier 2.

One cousin is in Tier 4 now and has the virus but is otherwise ok. I mentioned either in this thread or elsewhere that they had it and that was before the new restrictions kicked in.

I'm fine and mum is fine. And thanks for anyone who was keeping us in their thoughts/prayers.

A scientist at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle did some data analysis:  there's a correlation between new case numbers and new deaths...with a 22 day lag.  NYT gave a link to a Twitter feed outlining it:

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1326404864843390976?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20201221&instance_id=25259&nl=the-morning&regi_id=101745266&s=20&segment_id=47474&te=1&user_id=618f95a4931087ea799b0e9f4a9d3344