Coronavirus

Steve

I'm sure anybody running a Champions or Dark Champions game set in the present can make something of this resemblance:

0x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2020/04/28/the-dr-fauci-of-the-1918-spanish-flu/?sh=274bfab63547

His name was Dr. Tuttle.  Honestly.  Makes me wonder if the writers of M*A*S*H knew about him.

19 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Something a little more positive for a change. Sometimes, this tragedy brings out the best in people.

Kenmore man provide fine dining to frontline workers

I work in a Seattle hospital. A lot of local restaurants have been generous in bringing literal truckloads of food in for the hospital staff, mostly of the higher end variety. The community support is actually very heartwarming sometimes. Good call out that 2020 isn't a complete s**t show, and adversity still brings out the best in some people.

Former actor (and current preacher) Kirk Cameron is facing criticism for organizing at least two events in Southern California in recent weeks, where dozens of mask-less people stood shoulder-to-shoulder to sing Christmas carols in protest of state and local stay-at-home mandates.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/23/entertainment/kirk-cameron-protests/index.html

4 minutes ago, archer said:

Former actor (and current preacher) Kirk Cameron is facing criticism for organizing at least two events in Southern California in recent weeks, where dozens of mask-less people stood shoulder-to-shoulder to sing Christmas carols in protest of state and local stay-at-home mandates.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/23/entertainment/kirk-cameron-protests/index.html

He should be facing charges, not just criticism.

With the death rate leveling off at just under one 9/11 per day, it looks as though the US will fall just short of hitting 350k dead by the end of the year.

Even though we passed 350k a month ago what with the undercounting and the fudging of the numbers in certain states.  But you get my meaning.

The next question is, has the hypercontagious South African mutant version made it to the US yet?

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

With the death rate leveling off at just under one 9/11 per day, it looks as though the US will fall just short of hitting 350k dead by the end of the year.

Even though we passed 350k a month ago what with the undercounting and the fudging of the numbers in certain states.  But you get my meaning.

By whose count?  As of right now, WoM is showing 335K;  the day will probably end with about 337K.  Still 7 days left.  

Not a normal point of reference for me, but Rush Limbaugh put things pretty well:

Limbaugh reflected on the year, saying, "I don't know too many people who enjoyed 2020 — probably some sickos out there who have — but 2021 has to be better."