Coronavirus

Steve

Myself, my wife, and one daughter today signed up to be on the COVID vaccine list. In theory, they'll get back to us within two days and give us a date to show up for the shot.

Unfortunately, they "needed" a unique phone number from each of us so my wife gave them my cell phone number.

I use it exclusively for out-going calls. I don't give the number out to anyone because half the time it doesn't ring and the other half of the time, I don't want to answer it.

And many of the times I do answer it, I can't understand the person who is calling and/or I'm not verbal that day.

My wife normally handles all phone communications for me. But she draws the line at carrying my phone around so that she can answer it.

And I'm sure they're going to want to use the same phone number a month later when scheduling the second shot...

< grumble, grumble, bureaucracy, grumble, grumble >

13 minutes ago, BarretWallace said:

Xenomorph!

Hmm....

Pros

1.  Anyone messes with me, I just bleed on them

2.  Metallic teeth, so no more nasty trips to the dentist

Cons

1.  If I get diabetes, checking insulin levels will be awkward

2.  My mom's old Twitter post proudly showing me exploding from Billy's chest may negatively affect my career someday.

The good news is that immunity to COVID-19 appears to be relatively long lasting.  I'm still looking for confirmation that any of the existing vaccines will work against B.1.1.7 (London) or B501Y.V2 (South Africa).  Experts are already pointing out that existing lockdown measures are hopelessly inadequate to slow B.1.1.7, so we really need the vaccines to work against it.  Otherwise it will be time to spacer.png

4 hours ago, Cygnia said:

There was an article I didn't link about cadaver studies of COVID patients, showing COVID-induced damage in the brain.  The virus itself seems not to be active in brain tissue/nerve cells at all, but it can affect the blood vessels in the brain, resulting in microscale patches of death of regions in the brain as the blood supply to them is interrupted for an extended interval.